Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Rainwater Basin Photos (Personal Album)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Add Comment
Rainwater Basin Photos Login/Join

by moosehead (created on )Gallery | Comments 
Novice
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
These photos were taken in the Holdrege & Funk, NE area Thur. evening 4/26/2007.

posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Great pictures moosehead!

Needed to go a little farther North to catch the flood at my house!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Moosehead, great pic's, thanks. Are these images results of basically 8 inches of rain in the area? Land O' Lakes has nothing on Holdrege/Funk Smile Elyria area was deluged too but is considerably hillier region, so creeks flooded and ponds filled up and a few roads washed out, but it wouldn't be possible to ' see ' it all as your images present!

Novice
TK; All of the water you see in the photos was dry land prior to the 6-8 inches of rain last week. It's really amazing. It took several years of drought to get rid of the surface water down here in rainwater basin country, but only 2 days of rain to fill it back up. I haven't seen a rain like that since I was a kid on the farm north of Ord in Garfield County.

I alway thought I knew how different north central and south central Nebraska was, but I still learn something new each year as I go back and forth. It's been a real education and a true blessing. I have seen a lot of the US & Canada, but I still wouldn't want to live anywhere but central Nebraska with it's diversity, rapidly changing environment and truely great people to be around. That might sound a little sappy, but it's straight from my heart. Nebraska is home. Period.

I haven't been up to the farm east of Burwell (or north of Ord) since the rain. One more project down here to finish up, then I'll go north again. (Have laptop, will travel!) Can't wait to get back up there for awhile.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
moosehead, shouldn't be much longer and you can just cruise up here in the Ark, course the ol' home place will pry be under water by then the way its goin'