Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Huskermat.com Announcements    Do you want to be a State Champion?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Do you want to be a State Champion? Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of pick125
posted
State placer? State Qualifier? Varsity?

Do you just want to bring yourself to the next level? Morningside College is offering a great opportunity for summer wrestling that will build winter champions.

MORNINGSIDE
WRESTLING ACADEMY
June 1 - August 7
Morningside College coaches Tim Jager, Jake Stevenson, and Jared Pickett present a 10-week long individualized summer wrestling program focused on individual growth and improvement. This is designed for serious wrestlers who are willing to commit themselves to improving their wrestling skills. Our goal is to find a small group of local high school wrestlers and focus on their development and guide them in reaching their goals for next season. Our practices and instruction will be held in the Hindman-Hobbs (HPER) Center on the Morningside College campus. We will offer several opportunities each week in the following areas:
• “Open mat” time focused on technique
• Live wrestling sessions
• Workouts with college team members
• Weight lifting sessions and instruction
• Film breakdown of your matches

Total cost of this program is $300.

Questions:
Call Tim Jager, Head Coach
(712) 274-5282
jager@morningside.edu

“The experience my wrestlers had during last summer’s academy at Morningside was outstanding. Coach Jager and his staff provided lots of quality one on one instruction and great opportunities to wrestle live throughout the summer.”
— Dave Schaefer, Head Wrestling Coach, Spencer, IA

”I wanted to let you know that your wrestling academy was great and the best money spent on camps and clinics. I only had one wrestler take advantage of it, but man what an improvement. I liked how it was set up and how available it was to the athletes. I can’t get over how much he learned and improved this summer. I will make a push to get more of my wrestlers there.”
— Tom Smalley, Head Wrestling Coach, LeMars, IA

“Tyler made tremendous gains in his technique. The attention of the coaches and the availability of the facility was great. The camp was money well spent.”
— Ken McWilliams, SC East Parent

Weekly Schedule
Monday
10:00-12:00.....................Open mat with Coach Jager
7:00-9:00................................Open mat/live wrestling
with Coach Stevenson
Tuesday
10:00-12:00...................Open mat with Coach Pickett
12:00-1:00................Weight lifting with Coach Pickett
1:00-2:00.............Film breakdown with Coach Pickett
with Coach Stevenson
Wednesday
6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m..................................Weight lifting
with Coach Stevenson
7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.....Practice with College Team and all coaches
Thursday
10:00-11:00...................Open mat with Coach Pickett
and Ben Knight
11:00-12:00.............Live Wrestling with Coach Pickett
and Ben Knight
with Coach Stevenson
Friday
10:00-12:00...........By appointment with Coach Jager
(technique, watch film, lift, or conditioning)
Time and workouts are up to YOU,
come as little or as much as you want.

Coach Tim Jager
Tim Jager has a 50-30 record in five winning seasons as the Mustangs’ head coach. Jager has coached 52 NAIA National Tournament qualifiers in five years and was the 2008 GPAC Coach of the Year.

Coach Jake Stevenson
Jake Stevenson, the most decorated wrestler in Morningside history, completed his first season as one of the Mustangs’ assistant coaches. Stevenson was a four-time NAIA All-American and the 2007 NAIA 184 lb. National Champion during his Morningside career. He placed third at the NAIA National Tournament as a senior and was a fourth place finisher as a freshman and sophomore. Stevenson, who hails from Petersburg, Neb., is the Mustangs’ all-time victory leader with a career mark of 130-25. He received the Mustangs’ Most Valuable Wrestling award after each of his four seasons with the team. He won 23 matches by fall during his career to share the Mustangs’ all-time career pin record with Jared Pickett. Stevenson had a 45-8 record as a sophomore to set a school record for most wins in a season.

Coach Jared Pickett
Jared Pickett joined the Mustangs’ coaching staff following an outstanding competitive career for the team. Pickett, a native of David City, Neb., was a four-time NAIA National Tournament qualifier for the Mustangs and won 113 matches during his career for the second highest total in Morningside history. Pickett is the Mustangs’ co-leader with 23 career falls and the school single-season record holder with 97 takedowns, 30 reversals, and 73 escapes.

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.

Posts: 413 | Location: Emmetsburg IA | Registered: October 20, 2002Report This Post
Junior High
Picture of pick125
posted Hide Post
If you have any questions you can also e-mail me at jkp003@morningside.edu

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.

Posts: 413 | Location: Emmetsburg IA | Registered: October 20, 2002Report This Post