Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Huskermat.com Announcements    Kansas Nebraska Throwdown

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Kansas Nebraska Throwdown Login/Join

Rookie
posted
TO all State placers within 50 miles of Kansas border there will be an exhibition dual between senior state placers from Kansas And Nebraska.
This will be held March 7th in Cuba Kansas 10 miles east of Belleville KS or 45 minutes west of Marysville Kansas. I have mailed info to the coaches in this area, If you are interested talk to your coach or contact me at adam@polanskyseed.com. Entry forms must be recieved by March 3rd.
Thanks Adam Polansky Head Coach Republic County High School Belleville Kansas

State Qualifier
posted Hide Post
Belleville, KS is on Hwy 81, which goes through Norfolk, Columbus, and York. It looks to be about 14 miles south of the border. Then Cuba is about 10 miles east and a little south. I hope we have a good turnout but wrestlers, be sure to check with your coaches and administration. I'm not certain but I believe that if you compete in this meet you will be ineligible to compete in other spring sports.

Rookie
posted Hide Post
I know in kansas you will not lose eligiblity because Kansas has an exhibitiondual w/ Missouri and a senior east west classic and those kids do not lose eligibility Nebraska may be different talk to your coach

Rookie
posted Hide Post
This might be what you are talking about, from the NSAA manual:

3.2.2 “School-Year, Out-of-Season” Participation. Except during the season of the sport involved, a student
may be a member of a non-high school team and compete unattached in non-high school competition.
Students are prohibited from wearing high school uniforms during non-high school sponsored competition.

State Qualifier
posted Hide Post
That's interesting, Ivy League. Until about 3-4 years ago about 2 weeks after state we had a dual between the Omaha Metro conference and the B-C-D schools (I believe within 45 miles of Omaha). Four years ago it was cancelled and rumor in the street said NSAA had ruled that if a wrestler participated he/she would not be eligible for spring sports. When we had the Border Brawl at Dana College there were always several fine wrestlers who did not participate. Again, rumor had it that if they did participate they wouldn't be eligible for spring sports.

The first example I think of is Aaron Denson. He was a state champion wrestler and a state qualifier in the pole vault. I don't believe he wrestled in the Border Brawl and rumor had it that he didn't want to give up the spring track and field season.

Grappling man, can you shed a little light on this?

Rookie
posted Hide Post
I think we are talking about a coach setting a rule for his athletes, we had daughters that were playing off season volleyball and were recruiting girls from track and the coach said if you play volleyball off season you were off the track team.

Once again that was about 5 years ago, they may have added something since then.

Posts: 123 | Registered: December 21, 2008Report This Post
State Qualifier
posted Hide Post
Bump

Rookie
Picture of Bearcat
posted Hide Post
ya its like that at kearney high. the track kids that still participate in spring wrestling catch a bunch of non sense from the track coach, like that of the v-ball girls

Posts: 91 | Location: Kearney | Registered: November 07, 2007Report This Post
Rookie
posted Hide Post
I'm getting some entries but I still have a ways to go If your interested please contact me adam@polanskyseed.com or are you guys afraid of Kansas wrestlers? You get 5 lbs and weigh in is at 4:00 wrestling starts at 5:00 again that is senior state placers anytime in your highschool career. Cuba Kansas March 7th I will post the line ups on March 5th Entries must be recieved March 3rd
Thanks
Adam Polansky
Republic County High School
Belleville Kansas

Rookie
posted Hide Post
I only have three entries from each state If I get no more tomorrow the event will not be held. I will try again next year so keep it in mind. Thanks
Adam Polansky