Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    No practice..... AGAIN
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
No practice..... AGAIN Login/Join

Junior Varsity
posted   Report This Post  
This weather is starting to make me angry. Normally I like snow and all that, unless it interferes with practice. Our admin. has already called off school tomorrow based on the forecast. I thought I had outsmarted them so I scheduled practice for 6 am. tomorrow morning thinking that, well, if we have school, no big deal, still got to practice. If we had an early out, oh well, already had practice. I wasn't counting on them calling it off already tonite. And of course, even if the sun were to shine tomorrow, can't have practice. tantrum
Junior High
Picture of Vader
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Ditto... Frown
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Same here. Hopefully our wrestlers will be scooping some snow for exercise tomorrow then!

Chad Mattox
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I've got a sidewalk and driveway that could be used for a good workout - LOL.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
Picture of phatjo23
Well, Fairbury is still in school! box
Novice
I think the winds will make tomorrow worse. I guess that nobody will have the excuse of burn out from practice.

They could always throw on alot of layers and go for a run. Get some guys together and workout in the backyard lol.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."

some people just dont understand. lol. administrators...tssk tssk. the wrestling room should be like church, It should be open any day and in any weather. wrestlers are a different kind of breed. we can work out any time. what is a holiday? a free day from homework and another day to get a good workout in.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
Junior Varsity
Agree with that. People don't realize that missing one workout, ok not bad, but miss two, and you've lost conditioning it took 2 weeks to build. The thing that bugs me is I have parents and wrestlers call me and ask if we can have practice, voluntary, just for those who can make it, and it's still no. That doesn't make sense to me. I understand if they can't make it, don't. But when parents call and offer to drive the kids in, the school saying no bugs me.
Rookie
Thank goodness most of my guys live right in G.I. and can hit the YMCA. Most still get in a good workout.
Junior Varsity
i wish i had that!
Novice
ugh, another snow day tomorrow!
Rookie
Question; If no school on Friday, can we wrestle on Saturday
<Guest>
posted   Report This Post  
Depends on school policy i suppose, I know we can.

Remember if you don't have school the day before a meet because of the weather, you can get an extra pound at weigh ins for everybody!

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Novice
Western Trails Conference Tournament that was supposed to be held today (Thursday) at Mitchell was postponed until tomorrow, because of very cold temperatures and snow. -6 last night and supposed to be the same tonight. Very cold and there was a lot of wind yesterday and last night. Supposed to make it up to about 15 today I think. Mitchell, Morrill, Hemingford, Kimball, Bayard, Bridgeport, Sidney, Gordon Rushville, and Banner Co. all are involved.
Novice
quote:
Originally posted by Debo's Mom:
Western Trails Conference Tournament that was supposed to be held today (Thursday) at Mitchell was postponed until tomorrow, because of very cold temperatures and snow. -6 last night and supposed to be the same tonight. Very cold and there was a lot of wind yesterday and last night. Supposed to make it up to about 15 today I think. Mitchell, Morrill, Hemingford, Kimball, Bayard, Bridgeport, Sidney, Gordon Rushville, and Banner Co. all are involved.
Any of these schools not have school today? If so they should get a pound, and then an additional pound on Saturday.
Novice
I don't believe any schools are closed today. Banner Co. dismissed yesterday at 9:30, but I believe that they are having school today.
We will get a pound on Saturday at Ogallala. We will wrestle 5 duals on Friday and 5 on Saturday.
Rookie
Picture of NEYW
Omaha Public Schools are cancelled for Friday as well.

Doug Weidner
http://www.usyw.org
douglas.weidner@neyw.org
Junior Varsity
Well, I just heard a new one. We have a large community center that was built as part of our new addition a few years ago. Just had two kids call that tried to go to the community center and work out but were turned away by our administration because school was closed. However, there were quite a few "community" members there running, lifting, etc. I guess since these kids are part of one of our sports teams, they're not considered "community"? Wow, pretty stupid. The center is open, but since they are students, they can't use it, but other community members can. Even though no coaches there, still can't work out, even though these kids' parents called and said it was ok. When are administrators going to quit worrying about being sued and start worrying about students again? Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here.