Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Team Nebraska Cadet/Junior Fargo Camp
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Team Nebraska Cadet/Junior Fargo Camp Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Team Nebraska
Cadet and Junior Greco & Free Style

Team Camp July 11 to 14 at Skutt High School Wrestling Room
Mandatory
Monday & Tuesday: 9 am – 11 am, 2 pm – 3:30 pm, 5 pm – 7:30 pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 9 am – 11 am, 2 pm – 3:30 pm

Cost $675 (camp, hotel, travel, gear, tournament fee, and coach’s fee)

Current USA card (full card) is required
We are in need of chaperons

Send $100 deposit to Coach Galloway before July 9th, 2011
Make a check payable to Nebraska USA.
Send the check to Johnny Galloway at 7201 S. 151st Street, Omaha, NE 68138

Camp open to wrestlers who are not going to the Nationals (camp fee: $100)

For questions, call Johnny Galloway 402 614 6568
or Zac Dominguez 402 639 4507
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
bump
State Qualifier
If you are planning on going you need to contact Coach Dominguez ASAP and let him know that you are going.
State Qualifier
Here are a few names that I know will be there.

Dante' Rodriguez
Thomas Gilman
Austin Wilson

Any others?
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
colton adams will be there late monday.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Hey Brian-how's the OTC going? Looked like a crazy schedule!
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
he said it was pretty east first day or two. they are working a lot harder now. colton said he has picked up a bunch of technique so it should help get him ready for fargo. with drivers ed in the way he didnt wrestle any freco matches before jr duals. he is behind the curve this summer. hopefully with a week at otc and a few days in omaha he can get caught back up. only going 9-6 at jr duals makes me think he has a little work to do.
Rookie
Well, good! Now that he will be driving, all your worries are over. Comforting, isn't it, Brian? Big Grin
Rookie
Chase White
Logan Molina
DJ Castillo

are all planning on going.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
2 months til hes 16. i cant wait for the problems to start
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
so what all gear is included for the 675?
State Qualifier
Jacket, shirt, shorts, singlets and bag.If you have some or all the gear just take that off the total price.
Rookie
Junior dual prices for equipment:
Jacket - $48
Short - $30
Shirt - $30
Singlets - $50 per color
Bag - $35

Correct me if I am wrong Fred...
State Qualifier
Doesn't sound like we got very many wrestlers going to Fargo but the ones we do got going sounds like their very talented and should do well.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
wyoming has 40+ kids going to fargo at their camp this week. nebraska just doesnt get it.
Rookie
Zac Dominguez is working on changing the culture in Nebraska. Just give it some time.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
I think there are two reasons why Juniors is not well attended.

1. Junior Nationals is late in the summer. Kids have already gone to High School Nationals, Folkstyle Nationals, Grand Nationals, Junior Duals, USA Regionals, Disney Duals and Maine Exchange. Most of the good kids in NE have went to one or more or these. I think USA Wrestling should think about moving Juniors up a month and do it at the beginning of June. Also football starts in a few weeks.

2. It is very expensive for most kids. Cost $675 (camp, hotel, travel, gear, tournament fee, and coach’s fee). Most NE will get knocked off quickly at Juniors. $675.00 for 4 or 5 matches is not a very good return on investment.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
Based on an audit of the 2011 NCAA All-American list, and the list of Fargo All-Americans over the years, the (unofficial) number of NCAA All-Americans that were also Fargo AAs broken down by weight was as follows:

125: 6
133: 6
141: 7
149: 4
157: 7
165: 7
174: 5
184: 4
197: 5
285: 6

That would be a total of 57 from the 80 (71.25 percent) All-Americans this past season.

that is from intermat. maybe more nebraska kids should spend some time working on the other styles in the summer. breaks bad habits and takes you out of your comfort zone. ask colton and he likes folk better, but he understands why you do this in the summer.
NCAA Champion
quote:
Originally posted by BLASCHKO:
I think there are two reasons why Juniors is not well attended.

1. Junior Nationals is late in the summer. Kids have already gone to High School Nationals, Folkstyle Nationals, Grand Nationals, Junior Duals, USA Regionals, Disney Duals and Maine Exchange. Most of the good kids in NE have went to one or more or these. I think USA Wrestling should think about moving Juniors up a month and do it at the beginning of June. Also football starts in a few weeks.

2. It is very expensive for most kids. Cost $675 (camp, hotel, travel, gear, tournament fee, and coach’s fee). Most NE will get knocked off quickly at Juniors. $675.00 for 4 or 5 matches is not a very good return on investment.

That costs is a little inflated considering most of the kids already had their gear packages from Junior duals or other events like Northern and Southern Plains Regional. Total gear package is $225. It also doesn't include the discount kids get if they went to FS/Greco State. It's really pretty reasonable when you figure in a 5 day camp prior to leaving with a clinician like Zac D. Heck people are paying $30 for one day camps all over Nebraska. That price does not take in to effect the ones that are just doing one style either.

Wrestling 4 or 5 matches....well I guess it all depends on who you wrestle. Hmmm lets see 4 or 5 matches at Fargo or 8 matches in Maine....I'll take the Fargo matches any day of the week. The Fargo costs are way cheaper than Maine.

Disney duals is a real cool event but Fargo is all business. Disney Duals costs were $1100. Most got 8 to 10 matches...hmmm that's like over $110 per match or more.

So if you want to have fun and have a great social experience then do those other events...I'm actually all for them.....but don't stop there. Then come to Fargo and really test your skills. That's the truth plan and simple.

How many college coaches were at Disney Duals recruiting? You won't be able to keep count of the ones that will be in Fargo next week. Should tell ya something.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 525,
State Qualifier
Camp ends today then 2 days for the Cadet grecorers to mentally prepare themselves and myself for that matter.
I don't remember being this nervous with my older one when he competed at Fargo.

Good luck to all especially Baby D.