Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    It is not about winning!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
It is not about winning!! Login/Join

<wrestling2006>
posted   Report This Post  
I wish i will have the opportunity to make someone feel that way as brandon did. i wish more wrestlers were like that. i would had loved to see the face on the young man. and i hope that he feels like he is really apart of the team now. Smile
<flyingkrotzs>
Great job Brandon. You are a true champion on and off of the mat. This is another reason we are glad to be a part of the Kearney Wrestling team. I would like to also thank the Kearney team again for everything they have done and are still doing for Tyler all of you are the greatest.
Rookie
Picture of 215 from CCHS
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
That was a really touching story. I read the journal star Edition of it and it still brings me to tears. Mr. Teel is going to be a very great man someday. It takes a real man to go out and wrestle a match like that. Trevor, congrats on your win! Keep up the good work. Practice hard and listen to your Coaches. Coach McCann and Coach McCurdy are both great coaches with great programs. They teach their wrestlers the real meaning of life and this is just another Great Example of what this men are known for. Good Luck to all the wrestlers from both schools. Hopefully i can get to a dual and get to watch Trevor wrestle and win again.
<wrestling fan>
There is a good article in the Omaha World Herald today about this story.
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_np=0&u_pg=38&u_sid=948937
Rookie
I have both articles posted in my classroom. My kids have really been affected in a positive way. Thanks to everyone involved.

Coach Cloutier
<pglut>
Coach Cloutier,
How is your team doing, this year?
Rookie
The Grand Island Independent had the story on the front page today(Dec. 17). It's great to have this story told to so many people around the state. Smile Smile
World Champion
Picture of NWI
This whole scenario has been a great promotion for our sport, not just in Nebraska, but for the sport in general.

I hope this event will help open the eyes of those whose narrow-minded view of this sport has been deterimental to the exposure this sport deserves.
<Craig Sesker>
Here is what ESPN had on their Website:

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=1058217

We have gotten e-mails from all over the country and beyond because of this.

I just got one from British Columbia. Very cool.

Thanks to everybody for their help on this.

Coach McCurdy, Coach McCann, Coach Miller, Brandon Teel, all of you guys are class acts all the way. This was a fun story to do.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
I e-mailed the story to our entire staff. Got nothing but great responses from people including JV basketball coach and 3 administrators.

Here is a quote from one co-worker
"Thanks for sharing the article. That is the kind of thing that doesn’t happen enough anymore, since the win at all costs attitude has taken over all types of sports. I’ve always observed Coach McCurdy as a real class act."
<CSC177>
Just another example that proves that wrestling truly is the sport of CHAMPIONS!!!