Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Grand Island Wrestling League
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Grand Island Wrestling League Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Grand Island High/Middle School Wrestling League
Summer of 2011

“A true champion lives a champion’s life every day not just during competition.”

WHEN: Each Wednesday night starting at 6 pm with technique and matches to follow. Dates June 1, 8, 15, 22 and 29th

WHERE: Grand Island Senior High School’s East gym

WHO: High School aged wrestlers going into grades 9-12 and a Middle School division for any wrestlers going into grades 6-8

FORMAT: Wrestlers will weigh in each Wednesday and be paired as closely as possible to allow for as many matches as possible - up to 4 per night. A technique session will be delivered prior to the start of matches. We will have High school Officials working. A SIGNED CONSENT FORM FROM PARENTS MUST BE ON FILE PRIOR TO COMPETING!!!!!

COST: $35 per participant or $8 per session and parent permission waiver MUST be signed on file before any wrestler may participate. A t-shirt will be given out to all participants who pay the full $35.

2124 N Lafayette
Grand Island, NE 68803
Email: mschadwi@gips.org
Work Phone: 308-385-5581 ext. 5171
Cell Phone: 308-380-6088
__________________________________________________________________________________

Name ______________________________ School___________________________

Address ___________________________ City _________________ Zip___________

2011-2012 Grade _________ T-Shirt Size _________ 2010-11 Weight Class__________

"I hereby give permission for my son/daughter to participate in the Grand Island Islander Wrestling League. I also agree that neither the school, nor their representatives will be held responsible for any injury to the named student in the course of travel to or participation of such activity. I understand that Grand Island School District #2/Grand Island Senior High does not provide insurance for students participating in the Islander Wrestling League and that it is the responsibility of the parent/guardian."

Parent/Guardian Signature

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Just a reminder we have a middle school division and it has consistently grown over the past two years. We are committed to providing great clinicians and a mini tournament every Wednesday night in June. I think Coaches Garfield, Herman, and Waddington would echo my thanks, but thanks to all who have made this league so competitive and strong. Our program has gotten better because of it and so have many others in Central Nebraska and beyond. Mark your calendars and we'll see you June 1st!
Rookie
bump
Rookie
bump Smile
Rookie
Bump! Smile
Rookie
bump
Rookie
Our league is looking good for this year with great clinicians and numbers. Please send me an email if you are coming or mail in your registration. Any pre-registering will speed up the first night. Looking forward to seeing everyone here on Wednesday, June 1, 6 pm weigh-ins and registrations!
Novice
Coach Schad,

Who will be your clinicians for the summer league?
State Qualifier
Hey coach, you going to add any freestyle and greco technique?
Rookie
I guess I hadn't planned on it but I have an outstanding lineup for clinicians including Bryan Snyder, Marc Bauer, and Shawn Kelley!
Novice
Snyder has some mean ankle laces. He coached a few times at the huskerland club in lincoln a when I was in high school.

Of course he is also the top workout partner for a freestyle world team member
Rookie
Just confirmed Bryan Snyder for the June 1st date. He will be our first clinician. Also added Matt Sedivy, head coach at Dakota Wesleyan University, a great clinician, later in June. Again will have Marc Bauer, UNK head coach and Shawn Kelley, Hastings College head coach throughout June as well.
State Qualifier
Begins this Wednesday evening.
State Qualifier
Great turn out for the 1st night.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Any good results from the league?
State Qualifier
With all the state championship teams within miles from each other there were a lot of state placers in the room.

A couple matches that I know of were the battle of the runner-ups

Dante' Rodriguez(G.I.) over Bryan Wietjes(Amherst) by fall
&
Trey Trujillo(G.I.) over Connor Bolling(Central City) 4-2

There was another good turnout last night.
Rookie
Marc Bauer will be the clinician for tomorrow night. Another good crowd is expected! Competition has been tough and so have the numbers!
Rookie
How many wrestlers do you think you averaged the past two weeks?
Rookie
We have averaged around 125 over the first two weeks. About 25-30 of them are junior high. Very competitive matches, and so far all four state championship teams have been represented again this year!
Rookie
Had another great night last night with over 110 kids. Coach Bauer from UNK did a fantastic job with the technique. Looking forward to another great couple of weeks. Many state medalists and champs going at it, plus some good young up and comers. Want some good tough summer matches come out and see what we have to offer, only $8 to walk in.