Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Trivia Question

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Trivia Question Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Report This Post  
I'm not getting swamped with answers to this week's trivia question so I'll drop a couple of hints. The first one is old enough to be the second one's grandfather. (I don't think he is.) Both went into legitimate pro wrestling. One is competing in Real Pro Wrestling currently and the other competed in the old pro wrestling circuit that eventually turned into the WWF and similar phony organizations that give our sport a bad name.

posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You might just owe me 2 sandwiches now!!

Big Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
quote:
the other competed in the old pro wrestling circuit that eventually turned into the WWF and similar phony organizations that give our sport a bad name.

I know what most people say, it is a phony organization, but WWE wrestling is not all phony, what about having a ladder slammed into you, is that phony, or what about bleeding, that is not phony, I will admit, it does give real wrestling a bad name, but WWE is entertainement not wrestling, it's hardly a sport when every move is planned in WWE.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stat Boy,

The Stat Boy

Junior High
Stat
You are now losing some credibility.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
And not just a little cred. Stat Boy a ton of it.

hawk

Rookie
Picture of PJNingen
Man stat-boy, your stock went way down on that one.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
Take your meds today ?

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
I like WWE wrestling more than real wrestling... ...so do not say a single bad thing about WWE cause i will say something about eral wrestling ...

WWE, WWF, or any of that other crap that's out there is the dumbest thing there is. After your post on this topic, I'm not sure anything you say really carries any significance at all.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

HEADSTRONG: It's an especially apt, single-word description for the fearless approach to life - a stubborn, uncompromising dedication to doing it your own way, regardless of the consequences.
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Whoa here guys, lets not be so negative. Obviously pro wrestling is entertainment and nothing more than that. In the past few years, the WWE has changed its focus from trying to call itself a "sport" and saying that it is "entertainment", and that was a good move on their part. Wrestling obviously is a sport that I love and can never be confused with pro wrestling, but I'm sure that there is room for people to laugh and watch a little bit of this stuff and to be a real wrestling fan. I'm also sure that 99% of the people on this site cannot do what professional wrestlers in the WWE do on a nightly basis. They do get hurt on a regular basis, and maybe you should ask some former real wrestlers such as Kurt Angle, Sheldon Benjamin, Brock Lesnar, etc. about how "fake" pro wrestling is. All I'm trying to say is that yes pro wrestling should NEVER be considered on a par with OUR sport, but it still has a place in the entertainment world. That's my opinion anyway. Criticize away!

Chad Mattox
Junior High
I agree with you RedSox. It is entertainment, in some people's eyes. But, to put it 'on par' with wrestling is a stretch.
I also think it is why some people discredit wrestling, because of its 'fixed' nature. I used to get asked, ' so what, you go out and body slam people?'

I always liked the quote: "What is popular is not always right, and what is right is not always popular."
Just because more people like WWE doesn't make it better, or right.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
I apologize for what I said and I shouldn't have disrespected real wrestling like that, I was in a really bad mood yesterday so some of my emotions might have come out and I apologize for that, most of the stuff I said in that post was not true. I apologize for what I said.

The Stat Boy