New
Find
Notify
Tools
the clash Login/Join

State Champion
Picture of deano
posted   Report This Post  
I was just looking through the teams for next year and noticed that there wasn't a NE team yet with only three spots remaining......are there going to be any takers(i.e. GI since they will by far have the best team in NE next year)
Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Man, this year's field is loaded. You could argue that this year's 5-8 pool will be tougher than last year's championship pool. Meat grinder.
State Champion
Picture of deano
absolutely......at least for this year, the clash has become the single toughest hs tourney, it is just ridiculous. Blair has been rumored as well, if they show up you got the top 5 teams in the nation
State Qualifier
I was hoping we would be able to go back to the Clash this upcoming season but with them moving it up a week it doesn't fit in to our schedule.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
thats a shame. this years grand island squad may be the best team nebraska has ever seen. if they fit everyone in with the new weight classes and can stay healthy it will be special. lots of top end points at state.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
That is not what Coach Schadwinkel told me. He said the new weight classes hurt them. Then again, maybe he is just sand bagging. Smile
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
thats why i said IF they can fit everyone in. looking at last years roster that is going to be tough unless some kids really grew. schad is probably sandbagging a little too.
Rookie
Obviously you can see that IF everyone returns and IF they all stay healthy and IF they all stay on track we may have a very special team this year. IF they all go out and IF they all fit into weight classes... Call it sandbagging, but I also know a lot can happen between now and February.
As far as our attendance in the Clash this year, the tournament moved one week earlier. Plus Minnesota doesn't grant their growth allowance until January 1 instead of December 25th like in Nebraska.
Maybe I am just being a chicken, but I don't think it is in our best interest to take a 5-day break, get 1 day of practice, then travel to a tournament where we would see the best in the country and make scratch weight. Oh did I forget to mention those best in the country teams didn't have to take 5 days off...
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
the clash moving has knocked the iowa teams out from competing too. i think it was to try to get the big dogs in. looks like it worked. the second pool will be deeper this year than the championship was last year.
Rookie
The championship pool was a group of pretty good ones too... Apple Valley, Brandon, FL, Carl Sandburg, IL, & Simly, MN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SchadGI,
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
if it goes as ranked
championship
1 apple valley
3 brandon
4 st paris graham
5 st eds
2nd bracket
6 simley
7 clovis
13 carl sandburg
23 christiansburg (would have been 14 wisconsin rapids if they hadnt backed out)
too bad it wasnt closer to go watch. some of us arent lucky enough to get to attend these even once or twice.
Junior High
It's not nearly the same but they usually do a good job of doing a bunch of live streaming video. I would expect that to step up more given this year's field.