Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Shaquil Barrett

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Shaquil Barrett Login/Join

Novice
Picture of Mr. Pin
posted   Report This Post  
Interesting article about Shaquil Barrett from Boystown. Mentions UNO dropping it's football and wrestling teams.

http://collegefootball.rivals....tent.asp?CID=1254766
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Another instant of Omaha's loss and another's gain. Best of luck to both of them!
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
A lot of UNO Players went DI. This is the real reason the ax was given to UNO Football. They were never going to let there be two DI Teams in NE. They kissed the ring of TO and sold the soul of UNO to be DI. I am looking forward to seeing Kevin Barrett in blue and gold though. Glad to have him as a Loper.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
quote:
Originally posted by BLASCHKO:
A lot of UNO Players went DI. This is the real reason the ax was given to UNO Football. They were never going to let there be two DI Teams in NE. They kissed the ring of TO and sold the soul of UNO to be DI. I am looking forward to seeing Kevin Barrett in blue and gold though. Glad to have him as a Loper.

You really cannot believe that TO was sitting in his office thinking "man if we have UNO as a D1 Football Power I am going to loose all those walk on's and future All Americans from small town Nebraska to them" do you? Come on now!
If UNO was such a threat in football to UNL then why not in basketball? It would make more sense to whack the BB team than the football team given the fact UNL has such a strangle hold the Big Dance!
I think you are way off on that one, but that is just my 2 pennies worth.
This is not about UNO it is about a young man having some success in his life, let's keep the UNO debacle under the UNO threads.

hawk

Novice
Picture of ArmBar
Good luck to the Barrett brothers in their new schools. UNO's loss is others' gain...
Rookie
Goodluck to Barret!