Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Rocky Mountain Nationals

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Rocky Mountain Nationals Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Congratulations to Dante' Rodriguez winning the 8U 50lb division. He also won the triple crown. Great finals match. Good Job Dant!!! Also wondering how the rest of the Nebraska Contingency fared?

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Outstanding triple crown winner right here at home, congratulations Dante and family!

Rookie
Congrats on a job well done !!!!!!!
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
congrats to you dante

The Stat Boy

Rookie
Excellent job MatCat!!! It's always nice to see a kid pickup a trophy that's as big as he is!
Rookie
Question - did you guys have any trouble with the RMN tournament? It is a hot topic back here and I'd like to get some feedback from "outsiders". The main complaints revolve around money, scheduling, and seedings. What did you think?
Rookie
My thought is that RMN and all the other tournaments Gutierrez runs have been nothing but a big fat cash cow for him. He has seen the money and now everything is not being done as well as it was in the past because the focus is lost and money rules. I think it is stupid to have weigh-ins on Thursday and not wrestle til Saturday. wrestle 5 matches on Saturday and not wrestle finals until 6 on Sunday. That finals parade was equally a joke. Pictures with the announcer? Maybe with Rulon, but with the announcer?? We didn't even get a bracket after winning the tournament cuz they ran out. What's up with that? I was not present for weigh-ins but i heard it was one big cluster mess. you would think that they would have perfected it all by now. I also heard there were several people unhappy with it all. Maybe Gutierrez will take some of the comments to heart and work on them if he expects the same support in the future.
Rookie
We couldn't make RMN this year, but we have felt in the past that the pre-wrestling activities could be done away with. Also, I agree with nina about the picture taking. The kids really don't care about this unless it's Rulon like she mentioned. We haven't been pleased with it. Forget the extras and organize the wrestling better. We finished at like 10 or 11 p.m. on Sunday night, drove back to Nebraska all night and went to school/work that day.