Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Coach John McMullen, R.I.P.

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Coach John McMullen, R.I.P. Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
posted   Report This Post  
John McMullen, who taught and coached at Fremont High for 39 years, died on Friday at the age of 76 from complications of Alzheimer's Disease. Coach McMullen was an outstanding teacher, coach, and mentor for hundreds upon hundreds of people. He is a member of the NSWCA Hall of Fame, and a true coaching and teaching icon.

http://fremonttribune.com/news...9b-001cc4c03286.html

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Thoughts and prayers to the family of friends of John McMullen.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
Prayers to his family. John continued to be involved with wrestling as an official after he ended his coaching career.
Rookie
Picture of kraut
You said it all Aaron. Nobody will ever take his place on the face of this earth. Truly a great loss.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Thanks for posting this Aaron!
I passed on your condolences to Lois yesterday and she was grateful for it.
Lois is doing well and her 1st words to me yesterday was "its kind of a relief"
For those of you who are not aware Mac was striken with Alshiemers 2 years ago and it progressed very quickly and as Lois said it is kind of a relief.
Mac is my wifes Uncle and I had the distinct pleasure to get to know him over the past 30 years, while I knew he was well respected and loved in many areas of his life I had no idea on just how much until I started reading posts on the funeral homes site.
He was always there for his family in any endeavor including coming to watch our son at numerous matches, he never lost his love for the sport of wrestling! He will be greatly missed.
WE LOVE YOU MAC!
The service and visitation information is below.

A memorial service will be held 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 at the First Congregational Church, UCC (1550 N. Broad St.) in Fremont with private interment at a later date. Visitation with the family will be 6-8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 11, 2011, at Ludvigsen Mortuary in Fremont.

Memorials may be sent to the First Congregational Church, UCC, 1550 N. Broad St., Fremont, NE 68025

Online guestbook may be signed at www.Ludvigsenmortuary.com

Read more: http://fremonttribune.com/news...6.html#ixzz1cYRD014b

hawk