Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    World Championships
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
World Championships Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
agree, but we are trending in a good direction from where we have been. I'm saying both Dlagnev, Cale, Burroughs could win, and who knows about cedujo. That is a good start. 96 kilos is a high credentialed weight, but Varner has improved tremendously (I'm a Bergman fan, but Varner looks impressive). Find one other guy to step up..... a lot of if in there, but compared to where the US has been the past handful of years.... We should be excited as a community.
State Qualifier
Sorry Aaron but got to correct ya on Henry's last name, CEJUDO. Just had a few letters switched around.
Novice
He is an Olympic champion, it should be spelled right...thanks for the correction
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
I think it is going to be tough for Cejudo to repeat. I think if he was serious about doing so he would have competed at the worlds this year. Unless injuries kept him from doing do so? It is hard to take that much time off and come back at the same level that he was at. Sanderson could have laid low and came back for an Olympic year but I am willing to bet he knew he needed to get some competitions under his belt before hand.
Novice
He is also a lot younger than Sanderson
State Qualifier
He is tired of cutting weight.
Novice
Who isn't.....

The guy enjoys the spotlight, see all his endorsments. '08 olympic champions will be a marketing thing of the past after the london games.
State Qualifier
I fail to see the point of your post. He won Olympic gold. Signed endorsements and has not wrestled since. Will be make a run for 2012??? Only he knows. I hope he does but can't fault him if he does not.
Novice
My point is he will wrestle again, he has wrestled since, and he has even been in talks with different training camps to give him the best opportunity to get to where he needs to be. Certainly not a done deal, but if he continues to want to have endorsements he will keep wrestling.

My overall point is that we should have two past olympic champions on next years team, and a world champion, and a couple other guys who are right there. Therefore, as a wrestling community we should be excited about the product the United States is going to put out on the mat in 2012.
Novice
I do think that his weight is an issue, and I think that it is unfortunate that he didn't prepare adequately for Worlds, and ultimately did not show up.

However, I think it is more a thing of being afraid to fail. I don't know him, but I do know a few guys who have wrestled with him and do know him, and that is the impression that I get from talking to them.
State Qualifier
Cool. Thanks for the info. I hope the US can put out their best team possible and one would think that Cejudo would make that team much stronger if his heart is in it.
Rookie
Congrats to Burroughs on the World title!
Novice
Cejudo changed training centers, like I mentioned he would.

http://www.buckeyewrestling.com/?q=node/43817

Pretty tough training room.