Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    sties for districts?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
sties for districts? Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
I have heard that most districts our set. I was wondering if the coaches who know were they are can give some of us a heads up. Thanks.
Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Districts matched up.. No sites announced yet.

https://huskermat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7476003901/m/7121076601
World Champion
Picture of NWI
B-2 is going to be at Gretna. Got word from Bruggeman and the GHS a.d.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Nice... Fantastic facility and should be a tough tourney...

Speaking of new facilities... Wisner-Pilger will be christening their new gym this season.. I am going to go out on a limb here and say they MAY get C-2.
Rookie
Heard a rumor that Malcolm got C-1.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
Rumor has it that Falls City got B-1
Rookie
Picture of Grapplindog
It would be nice if One of the Lincoln Schools would get the Host school for A-4 but because of north platte, it will be out in Kearney just watch. I hope not other wise a lincoln school would be in the close to the middle for kearney and omaha schools.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
I had our AD put in for it, so it's not like nobody tried. Guess we'll have to wait and see.............

World Champion
Picture of HB
Centennial got C-3.
Novice
Here are the sites for the Class D districts.

D-1 Thayer Central
D-2 Stanton
D-3 Amherst
D-4 North Platte St. Pats
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
Districts are now up at NSAA

District sites
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Interesting. 6 of 8 schools in A-4 are Lincoln or Omaha, yet we're going to North Platte. I'd have to question the financial responsibility of that decision. But oh well, I guess I'm not that smart???????
Administrivia strikes again!!!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Silvrhwk...when I was at the Norfolk Daily News, we had another word for it -- Dilbertization. It was, of course, named in honor of the cartoon character who had to deal with the moronic decisions of his pointy-haired boss...which is something I'm sure we all can relate to. Bwahaha

219 teams representing 230 schools (counting co-ops). Awesome!!! Who said wrestling was dying in Nebraska???

Interesting note, though...75 teams in Class D??? Move 8 schools up in each class and you'd have 67 in D. Districts with 19 teams is just too much, I think.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by SlvrHwk:
Interesting. 6 of 8 schools in A-4 are Lincoln or Omaha, yet we're going to North Platte. I'd have to question the financial responsibility of that decision. But oh well, I guess I'm not that smart???????
Administrivia strikes again!!!

One descriptive word: Boneheads

If, by chance, NP got districts this year because they never seem to get it, why not give districts to them when Scottsbluff is in A???????????????
Rookie
Picture of Grapplindog
SlvrHawk
Maybe if all participating schools paid for North Platte to come this way you have a nice gym from what I have seen A-4 should be closer this way with gas prices as high as they are.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
I'd be all for that. It's just really shocking that a group of people can be so engrossed in policy that they have zero capability of using common sense or of being creative. There are DEFINITELY administrators at work here! Nobody who has to actually deal with a live person on a daily basis made this call.

Why not call the other schools in the district and say, "Are you sure you don't want to host? If not, you'll be in North Platte." How difficult would that be? I guess about as difficult as listening to coach Kupfer's logic about putting the districts together in the first place.....
State Qualifier
I feel you pain slvrhawk, but I guess you need to look at it from North Plattes point of view as well.Not many schools put more miles on in a year.A few years back, when we went to Scotts Bluff for conference, and Alliance for districts I think we had 2800 miles of windshield time for the season, which was a bite.

Double D, I hope you're planning the food for hospitality already.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Hey Silverhawk,
How many people can they get in those luxury coaches that you will be going out in? With the 3 public schools and Pius all going that way maybe they figure you can carpool. 230 miles in a bus at 3 am is not all that bad now is it? If you leave early enough Rocker might be able to get his guys at the Arch, you could take a quick tour, stretch your legs and be on your way. Bwahaha

hawk

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Silverhawk
I know you relied on me in the past to get rooms reserved so as soon as I found out NP was the site I took the liberty to try and get some rooms. I hope you don't mind. The Holiday Inn was booked as well as the Super 8 and the Comfort Inn, But hey I did get lucky and got you 14 spots at the Buffalo Bill Cody KOA camp ground. Yeah I know it might not be the Ritz but if they have the go carts running you can take the guys out for a bonding experience. (just like Callahan) With a bit of ice on the track those things would be a hoot. Trout Slap

hawk

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
now you've done it Hawk, surely RR will be all over this; what will it be Eek