Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Nebraska USA state folkstyle tournament
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Nebraska USA state folkstyle tournament Login/Join

<blue devil>
posted   Report This Post  
Fred just my two cents worth I think Willie would be the perfect person from out west to help you out. Great supporter of all wrestling. Good luck.
<Guest>
not sure about that
<Guest>
Where are the results?
<Guest>
Im need results. Someone please give them to me!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I ask for your patience on the results. I will have them posted on our website as soon as I can get to them. Right now between work, Junior High wrestling practice, freestyle practice, and getting ready for our club tournament this weekend I have little or no time. As soon as I get a chance I will have them completed. It should be no later than early next week.

Thanks for all that attended. We will be reviewing our tournament and looking at ways to improve each year. Overall the comments we received at the tournament were very positive.
<Eagle1>
I as a coach have some questions. Are we really trying to come together as a unified state and take Nebraska wrestling to the next level, or are we just trying to support our little group we're part of so we can say we're right. I have had kids wrestle huskerland for years and now we're going USA. Not because I think Huskerland is all bad, but because I know where our money goes with USA, to support wrestling in this state, and internationally. Good cause. I felt like the tournament in GI was well run. Of course, I'd like to see more kids, but it's still getting established. Back in the day, most of the clubs in our area wrestled USA, the wrestling community was very unified. Now, as soon as someone talks about USA, someone from Huskerland has to go on the attack. Feel threatened? Here's the bottom line...It doesn't much matter what the affiliation, just that we become unified. I personally feel USA has better intentions of doing that. Wouldn't it be better if you could be part of one organization and wrestle in any tournament in or out of Nebraska? Yes I will have kids at Huskerland State, but....there's only a small number of avid Huskerland supporters willing to cross the line and go to USA events. Quit arguing why Huskerland is better, let's work on making Nebraska Wrestling better. As far a Fred having a hidden agenda, if you really paid attention, ANYONE highly involved in youth programs, at one time or another, has a kid of their own come through that drives them to get involved, except many coaches who stay involved in the interest of their program. In many towns, if it weren't for parents wanting to help their own kids, many other kids wouldn't get the help either.
<Guest>
Hey Freddy leave other people out of it.Nebraska Xtreme supports all organizations.
NCAA Champion
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
quote:
Originally posted by Guest:
Hey Freddy leave other people out of it.Nebraska Xtreme supports all organizations.

Sorry Xtreme wasn't trying to bring you into to anything. Just making a point that most Huskerland kids and leaders didn't support the USA tournament. Your post says you support all so I'm sure you guys will be at Huskerland on April 10. Good luck in whatever choices you make. I'm sure you'll do what's best for your wrestlers.
<Guest>
Looking at last years Huskerland results, it looks like there were numerous Nebraska X-treme wrestlers who particapated at the Huskerland Tournament, including Shawn Nagel.
<Guest>
I say move the tournament to Omaha or Lincoln. 80% of the states population is east of Lincoln. Looking at last years results, the top three teams were Exploritories(Omaha), Westside Wrestling Club(Omaha), and Millard South(Omaha). Only drawing 200 kids to the state tournament is pitiful.
<hate to say it>
But every thing I predicted would happen 6 years ago has now come to pass with the last post .I am so glad to almost be done with this sport and and all the in fighting .You guys deserve each other .
<Guest>
Where were the Exploredories this year?
<Guest>
where are the results? You have to give them to me I'm JONES"N
<Guest>
The start time was probably too early. They would either have to spend the money to spend the night in a hotel on a limited budget, or round everybody up at 3:00 AM to get them to GI by 6:30 AM registration. Something to think about. Kind of sad when you don't have the best wrestling team in the state at the State torunament. Just food for thought
<Guest>
My gosh where are the results? I can't take this any more! Someone please throw a dog a bone. This isn't fair. The world is cheating me. RRRRUFF RRRRUFF ARRG ARRG meow meow. Ruff Ruff. Jane stop this crazy thing. WILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMA help I need somebody help not just any body help I need someone helpppppppppppppppppppppppp.
<Guest>
You have got to be kidding me. Where are the stinking results?
<Guest>
I need results 8 days a week. 8 days a week. I love love love results. 8 dyas a week is not enought to show you care. WHOO I need results babe. Yes you know it's true. I hope you need results babe. Just like I need you.
<Guest>
If I don't get results I gaurantee I will pull the ansel. If you don't believe me just wait and see. Come on am I asking too much?
<Guest>
Since this is the true STATE CHAMPIONSHIP I would have thought that it would have results quicker. This is the future of Nebraska Wrestling. It puzzles me why there isn't more emphasis on getting the public the results it deserves. KWAA posted results of a tournament twice this size with-in 24 hours of it closing. If you want to be the best you have to act like the best. Someone step up and post results
<Guest>
Are the results up some where ?