Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Luke Fickell-Ohio State

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Luke Fickell-Ohio State Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
posted   Report This Post  
Some of you may know this, but the new interim football coach at Ohio State was a heckuva wrestler in Ohio. There are some videos of him wrestling back in high school (wrestled a small amount as a freshman at Ohio State) winning state titles. Some call him one of, if not the best heavyweight in Ohio's history. Cool story and I hope he gets a shot at the head football job at Ohio State if the season goes well for him (outside of the UNL game of course!).

Chad Mattox
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
This is another great example of wrestling crossing over to football. This should happend a lot more than it does. I think a lot of football players are being mislead these days by their coaches. They are told to be in the weightroom all winter and pack on weight. They just end up fat and slow. Not enough football athletes cross train anymore in NE and I think it shows. Mark Schlerith was on EPSN the other day talking about "functional strength". He said a lot of guys looked great in the weight room, but their strength did not transfer to the field. He had a great saying "looks like Tarzan plays like Jane".

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Brian Brakeman of Ohio wrestling lore said Fickell and Tommy Rowlands were the two best upperweight wrestlers he's ever seen in Ohio.