Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Top 30 Seniors

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Top 30 Seniors Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
I find it hard to believe that Conor Hovey isn't on this list.
He has beatin Randal and gave Starostaka (this summer) and Nelson a good match.
He also beat Austin Becker who was 13-0 at the time by a score of 13-2 and then
pinned him this summer. Should be the favorite at 170 too.

But the Class C 170 weight class looks like it could end up having some pretty good matches.
NCAA Champion
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Just remember it's one man's opinion.

"Never let an opinion effect what you truly know to be the facts."

This isn't posted out of disrespect but rather to assure people that a ranking system of any kind is an "opinion" and should not be construed as factual.

Fred Franklin
Nebraska USA Kids director

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 525,

World Champion
Picture of HB
BTW Double, the reason I add the "for updates or feedback" part is because I'm willing to make updates or additions to recognize those that I may have overlooked. You can always email me as you have my information. Thanks.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
HB thanks for all you do. I know sometimes it is easy to argue when you feel slighted and I am sure that is all the gentlemen is doing. I have stated before you help wrestling as much as anyone in the state.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Good man Bulldog. Heavy is the head that wears the crown-I can handle the fact that if you put yourself out there, you're going to get some grief occasionally. Double Trouble articulated himself well and made some good points although I do wish people would email me with their comments. I think Fred was taking an unnecessary jab-this has nothing to do with him. The way I interpret his comments is a slight at the effort I put forth in researching and compiling information (even if it isn't factual).
Rookie
HB, I for one would like to thank you for all you do for the wonderfull sport of wrestling. All the hours and hours of time you put in to travel and watch all these boys wrestle and not to mention the time you have put in to create this site, twitter (to keep us updated all the time) and now even facebook! Hats off to you!

525 you are right this is all one mans opinion and I personally think it was not a very polite and politically correct way for you to put this on the forum when you are trying to basically start your own. Has HB said anything to you at all about all the posts you have made on here about all the wonderfull things your improved site will offer? Guess you know how to get your free advertising
NCAA Champion
It's amazing how people can take things out of context so easily. I was trying to console double trouble in letting him know not to get so wrapped up into rankings. He knows what his wrestler has accomplished better than anyone else in the State so don't get shook up when they get left out of a ranking. I've been there and been through it....just giving him some advice from experience.

HB, Nebraska USA does value your passion for wrestling and just as Alan has already told you we are not trying to do anything adversely to you. The more wrestling exposure the better and Nebraska USA has some exposure to offer.

Nebraska USA will not be doing a top 30. So your info is incorrect.

Everyone just have fun this season and hopefully there will be lots of things for the fans, coaches and wrestlers to look at and chew on.

Fred Franklin
NCAA Champion
Mat mom,

The only things I have posted on this site are new items that are not currently offered in Nebraska on other sites.

1)Full HS Results page. Not just top 4 winners but full bracket results for each tournament.
2)High School Tournament calendar.
3)Wrestler of the week per class.

I have not promoted anything else the Nebraska USA Wrestling site has to offer.

When we continue to put things on here it will be things that other websites are not currently doing.

Have a great season.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Thanks Fred. I have no issue with you or your contributions to wrestling in the state. I don't think anyone wants to have thier work efforts minimized any any form.

I choose to try and give a select group of kids some extra recognition. At some point you have to phase out what is considered elite and what isn't. But I have the ultimate respect for anyone who steps out on the mat to compete this winter. BTW, I did choose to recognize Conor accordingly on the updated list.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HB,
Rookie
Mat mom said something in her post about keeping us updated on Facebook. Could you post the user name or tell me how to "friend" or "like" so I could also follow. Thanks.
Junior High
Competition is a wonderful thing; both on and off the mat. Kudos to both HB and 525 for providing services for the consumers of this wrestling community. Mat Mom: this is a good thing; for all of us; and if overlapping services are provided, then let the best man win! I certainly plan on tuning into both websites!

Nobody needs to justify or apologize for what they are doing.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Rookie
I am with Patriot on this. It is great that we have multiple media outlets. We complain all the time that wrestling does not get enough press. Now we have 2 sites promoting wrestling. Maybe Ross and Fred can get together on his radio show to discuss each others opinions. I wish 10 sites started up supporting wrestling, maybe the papers would take notice and do a better job of supporting wrestling.