Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Outdoor Tournament "Grappling on the Gridiron"
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Outdoor Tournament "Grappling on the Gridiron" Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
North Platte is planning on having an outdoor tournament this summer on June 17th. I would attach a tournament flier, but don't know how. If interested contact me at dahall@nppsd.org
Rookie
Picture of NEYW
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You can always send it to events@neyw.org and we will put it on our site.

Doug Weidner
http://www.usyw.org
douglas.weidner@neyw.org
Rookie
Thanks NEYW, just sent you an email with the flier
Rookie
Picture of NEYW
State Qualifier
Darn it, same time as the Cadet USA Freestyle and Greco Roman National Duals in Daytona. We always enjoyed the Show Down at Sundown outdoor tournament in Wray, CO.
Rookie
Picture of abcoach
There is a similar event held in Waukee, Iowa on Friday, June 3rd. It's a great time, last year there were 8 full mats and it took about 3 hours. All of the kids got at least 3 matches. It's a tough tournament, there are a lot of kids there tuning up for the Iowa Junior State Greco & Freestyle tournament the following day.

Showdown at Sundown
Rookie
Awesome idea Coach Hall, we will bring some kids down from the north
Rookie
Great idea coach, we'll be bringing some kids from Lincoln NE for sure
Rookie
Thanks guys, hope we are able to get a bunch of kids signed up to make it worth everyone's time. I know I would have enjoyed wrestling in an outdoor meet when I was younger!! Make sure to bring plenty of bug spray!
Rookie
Good idea on the bug spray, that way they won't want to itch there backs on the mat.
Junior High
Picture of Cornfed
our kids are excited about it. they used to have one like this in wray colorado, dont know if they still do.
Novice
Picture of Gocke_Dojo
Just got off the phone with Residential life at UNK they are going to let us stay the night before UNK camp in the dorms after we compete at NP Grappling on the Gridiron. They were very easy to work with, if our plans stay the same we'll have about 20 out to wrestle at NP and then go to UNK camp the next 3 days.

Curtis Gocke
Asst. Coach Plattsmouth High School
USA Nebraska Secretary/Treasurer
Rookie
Bump!
Rookie
We are planning on attend also. Gocke could you give me information on how to get a hold of the UNK Dorms? What are they charging you also?
Novice
Picture of Gocke_Dojo
Gail at UNK 865-8660 or 8519
11.50 PER PERSON no linens bring your own

Curtis Gocke
Asst. Coach Plattsmouth High School
USA Nebraska Secretary/Treasurer
Rookie
Just a reminder, pre-registration deadline for Grappling on the Gridiron is June 10th
Rookie
If you are bringing kids to Grappling on the Gridiron, please send pre-registrations in by June 10th. We will have wrestling for students entering 5th-12th grade.
Rookie
Thanks to all who helped make the first annual "Grappling on the Gridiron" a success!! Special thanks to the following refs for their time and effort: Duane Skiles, Dustin Favinger, Jim Harms, Kevin Allard,& Daryl Colwell. I appologize to any wrestler who may have had to wrestle up a weight class or age group. My intentions were for each wrestler to get matches and enjoy the atmosphere. Thanks again to all and hope to see you next year.
I'll post a few pictures of the tournament when I figure out how.
Rookie
Coach Hall, Put us down for next year. It was awesome. if you live within driving distance you need to be there. Our kids loved it. This was very good for wrestling. Making it a fun outdoor event is what wrestling is all about. Having fun and competing in the off-season. I know a lot of teams were spending the night camping at Lake Maloney. We traveled back to Johnson Lake and did some night fishing. Grilled catfish is not my idea of a late night snack but our kids enjoyed it. Again, thanks Coach Hall for a great event.
Rookie
Agreed, it was a great event and thanks to Coach Hall for putting it on.

If this becomes an annual event, which I hope it does, count Cozad in. Our kids enjoyed it.

Coach H.