Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Anyone else starting to get anxious?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anyone else starting to get anxious? Login/Join

Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
posted   Report This Post  
Just checking. I know I find myself thinking this monthly grocery trip about what I need to get for the wrestler to eat healthy yet watch his weight as well as to start stocking up on the snacks for the meets. I even had a wrestling dream
- unfortunately I was the one in a singlet- now THAT was a nightmare.
Funny
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I check this website everyday until about September then I start checking it twice a day. Fortunately our football team is doing pretty good so I have that to tide me over.
Rookie
I used to get ramped up this time of year when my oldest was wrestling in H.S.. But now that he's in college (freshman 184 lb/197 lb at IWCC) not so much. I've seen Aaron continue wrestling/training for the few years between H.S. and now College so I know he can hold his own so the nervous moments aren't there like they were during his H.S. years.

While Districts and the State Tournament are every wrestlers goal and an experience of a lifetime, especially for the parents I might add. Embrace and enjoy every moment because you'll likely never experience anything like it ever again.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
When I was doing NWI, it was around this time that I was getting stuff organized, designing leaflets and e-mailing coaches. I don't think people who aren't IN a particular aspect of this sport don't realize how much work needs to be done just to get ready for the season. I now there were a lot of late nights organizing, writing, calling, etc., just from the media end of things. I'm sure coaches had a crapload of stuff to do before the first wrestler hit the mat.

The thing is, more and more I'm realizing how FAST the season goes by now. January used to be at a snail's pace, but lately we've gone straight from Christmas to Valentine's Day and it seems like it happens so fast. Maybe that's just the age talking.

No matter what, though, the two words that best describe where I'm at in the upcoming wrestling season are this:

CAN'T WAIT

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
Picture of lorilwayne
I find myself ready to see my son on the mat- not so ready not to see my husband all the time. I think thats normal though. Just love those adjustment phases of life- they are oh so fun.... NOT!!! Roll Eyes
Novice
Picture of 3/4 Nelson
Starting doing takedowns in my sleep a few weeks ago..wife don't like it but it keeps happening!..Smile

"Defeat is not getting back up"