Main Forum Page
Walsh Ironman

This topic can be found at:
https://huskermat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7476003901/m/6907019533

May 25, 2011, 05:27 PM
HB
Walsh Ironman
Just heard Colton Adams and Tyler Nation will become the first Nebraska wrestlers to participate in the prestigious Ironman tournament at Walsh Jesuit HS in Cuyahoga Falls OH in December. This is hands down the toughest in-season HS tournament in the country with Blair Academy, St. Paris Graham and many top individuals from the power states. It's the second week of the season in December and runs on Friday and Saturday. Paris Graham coach Jeff Jordan said this is where state champions go to die in the first round. It's just a brutal tournament.

Cornfed-I may be joining you out there. This is pretty darn cool. Colton should be well prepared after his Olympic Training Center visit and Super 32 in the fall. Smile You have to be stoked!
May 25, 2011, 07:29 PM
Cornfed
good deal, might need someone to sit with in the stands after 1st rd consolations. at least we will get to watch some good wrestling. downing and the broomfield crew are going again.
May 26, 2011, 07:58 AM
HB
Win or lose, it's just an honor to compete in a tournament of that caliber. You'll see wrestling at a whole different level.

I saw that Bob Preusse said this next year's Ironman would be tougher than last season's. I believe it's Blair Academy, St. Paris Graham, St. Eds and even Brandon, FL as the headliners.
May 26, 2011, 08:53 AM
SchadGI
Its too bad Minnesota or the Apple Valley school district won't let them travel. That would certainly add to it as well. The dual with Apple Valley and Brandon at the Clash was one to witness as well!
May 26, 2011, 09:09 AM
bjohns26
Cornfed,
what did you have to do to get these two involved in the Ironman? We had discussed this last season but could not figure out the regulations in Nebraska and didnt know where to begin to get some kids registered and cleared to wrestle there.
May 26, 2011, 10:57 AM
Cornfed
i talked to bob preusse to get them into the tournament. then you have to file a waiver form with nsaa for the travel waiver. you have to get the tournament sanction from nfhs to complete the form. preusse let us in without paying the team fee. it was $45/wretler. we have had track athletes travel to california and florida to compete so the ad knew how the waiver process worked. it does have to be a sanctioned tournament or nsaa wont grant the waiver.
May 26, 2011, 11:14 AM
Cornfed
california had 6 state champs at ironman last year. some didnt place.