Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Tyler Caldwell

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Tyler Caldwell Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
http://l.wbx.me/l/?p=1&instId=...in-with-us-team.html

Well this hurts for next year... But Great for the 2 years after!
Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I would guess the chance of him ever coming back is slim. I see another Justin Ruiz thing.
Junior High
I think Ruiz was a little bit different situation if my memory serves correctly. I believe he was older than your average college kid (LDS mission) plus I think he only ended up skipping his senior year. This probably coincided with his desire to shoot for making the 2004 Olympic team. I definetly see your point about Caldwell simply staying in the OTC program. But, if he doesn't fair well on the international stage, it wouldn't surprise me to see him return and finish out his college career then make another run internationally for 2016.
Novice
Picture of starwrestler
I agree Caldwell will feel out the international scene, but ill bet he will still be hungry for a national D1 Title! He didnt take a scholarship offer from Manning unless he was serious about coming back! I'll Bet we see him for 2 more years beginning next year, unless he has tremendous success internationally! You would think he would want to finish his education also. This sport does not allow men to make a living from it on the competition side of things!
Rookie
Caldwell hasn't "signed" with anyone and would still need a release from Oklahoma to wrestle anywhere else next year. He's in Ames now training at ISU and considering going there as well.
Novice
Picture of starwrestler
Exactly what I just heard, ISU maybe or just stay an olympian in the future!
Novice
What weight is he going to wrestle at? 74 kilos is pretty salty.