Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Omaha World Herald Drops the Ball
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Omaha World Herald Drops the Ball Login/Join

Novice
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
arent they located just down the block too?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
About 3 blocks away, to be precise.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
The worst thing is that Stu Pospisil isn't a good sports writer PERIOD, no matter what sport he's covering. And Lee Barfknecht (doesn't that name just make you want to laugh?) thinks he's All Big-12 Beat Writer and is too good to lower himself to come to a wrestling meet. Shatel actually wrote a decent column about the Parade of Champions about four years ago, and hasn't been back to the State Meet since. OWH could really care less what the wrestling community wants.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
There is a palpable sense of egomaniacal activity within the ranks of some at the OWH.

There are some cool people there and some good beat writers and correspondents, but a lot of the high-profile folk act as if they are doing you a favor by covering your event, especially for wrestling.

I saw Stu briefly at state wrestling -- didn't get a chance to find out if he was lost trying to find a basketball game or was actually there to make us think he might actually be working DURING the tournament.

And Lee Barfnecht...he's only in it for the golf. If he was as good a writer as he is a golfer...well, he'd be almost as good as he thinks he is.

Novice
Mikey...this is all you buddy! Go and use the OWH to our advantage! You could light a fire up there like none that has been done. Craig got all the kindeling in a pile, now you can go and stoke the flame! You could even get guest22 to do the video feed for interactive articles on omaha.com! Now that would be coverage!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Let it go, man...just let it go.

Rookie
I haven't seen it yet, but my family in Fremont told me that there were pictures and stories about the state tournament in Monday's paper.