Main Forum Page
New Take Down

This topic can be found at:
https://huskermat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7476003901/m/7431039081

January 04, 2007, 08:02 PM
GO4ZPIN
New Take Down
The Christmas break has been put to good use by the Gering wrestling team working on some new moves . They have invented a new take down called the Spinner or Flying Back Single . At this time it only has two finishes but with some work they hope to add a few more .They will attempt to finish it for the first time ever in competition this weekend at the Ogallala dual Tourney .

We will try to get film of this out standing move that will be available to those who would like to learn it for a small fee , or you can sign up for special instructional camps after season .

After completed you can see it at spinner.com

bancha

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

January 05, 2007, 10:22 PM
GO4ZPIN
TK
I know Dru & Dev would love this move it might be the bigest thing to come along in years . I could even see UNK using it to put away the competition this year at Nationals .

James Berger

January 06, 2007, 08:42 PM
GO4ZPIN
It was attempted but not completed today we will try again next week at Sterling .

James Berger

January 07, 2007, 01:56 PM
Big Whitey
is it where you get a single and try to throw it like an arm spin?

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
January 07, 2007, 03:38 PM
dswitz
Sounds like it might be double-knee drop Roy Oliver taught about eight years ago.
January 07, 2007, 08:04 PM
HotDog
Sounds like it still needs work.
January 07, 2007, 08:42 PM
GO4ZPIN
It needs some work but after poring over lots of tape we found that we must hit it to the wrestlers dominate side to close the distance . Just like anything else practice - practice - practice Wink

James Berger

January 08, 2007, 08:42 AM
ref
After watching a few attempts at this new move. It seems to me to be a slight variation of an old move Gering perfected years ago, Chuck D. called it the "one legged table" takedown. Funny

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ref,
January 08, 2007, 01:28 PM
GO4ZPIN
That could be true , but I think it is more Mixed Martial Arts influenced .

Maybe even the Hokey Pokey ROFL

James Berger