Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Switzer to Transfer?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Switzer to Transfer? Login/Join

Junior High
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Here's a rhetorical thought for everyone out there..

Why is there so much whining/crying/b****ing/moaning about Skutt recruiting for athletes (primarily wrestling), but there's not one word about Prep recruiting in this thread.

Can you say "double standards" boys & girls?
Junior High
Good Point
But, I do think part of it has to do with the logged in posting.
Novice
Because there is recrtuiting and then there is recrutiting that feels dirty! Prep is doing it the right way1
Junior High
quote:
Good Point
But, I do think part of it has to do with the logged in posting.

I hope that wasn't directed at me...

Frankly, I couldn't care less about Skutt, Prep, Gross, Marian, Roncalli, Pius X, Norfolk Catholic, Archbishop Bergen nor any other public or parochial school in the state of Nebraska and how they acquire their athletes.

Here's my point: I'm just a fan of the sport and it chaps my butt when I see nothing but a bunch of hypocrites who do nothing but bash one program for alleged recruiting but say nothing of a program across town who has a potential handful of ringers moving in, hence the point of the double standard...
Rookie
It has to do with winning. nobody cares if you recruite and dont win. Prep has been doing it for a short time and has not won state yet. As soon as they win a state title people will start to get all over them especially if they win a couple in a row. It also has something to do with how they win also. Skutt won and rubbed it in everybodys nose saying how much better they are and how they out work everybody. So far prep has been steadily improving quietly.
Junior High
It's always going to be about winning, no matter how you slice & dice it...

Recruiting is always happening and will always be a dirty word in High School sports' vocabularies, because there's always someone, somewhere who's tasting "sour grapes" and crying foul.

But take a look at some of the other threads on this board... There was even talk of some of the PUBLIC schools recruiting. All the more reason to enforce the open enrollment rule. Maybe, just maybe it would be a good idea to enforce it at the parochial school level as well. But in these days of "sue until you get it your way even when you're wrong," it will never fly.

Rules are only as good as the people who enforce them...
Junior High
What do you mean you hope it wasn't directed at you?
OF course it was directed to you. You make a good point. No one has said anything about Prep, and it seems like a double standard.

I think you don't see it now, about Skutt either, because you have to log in and people aren't willing to say as much if their name is attached to it.
Junior High
GockeS

Perhaps a misunderstanding on my part... My apologies if I appear a bit over sensitive.

You now bring out a valid point. It's a good thing we must now long on to post. Now, how many of us hide behind aliases to do it?

Guilty as charged. I will further go on to say that those in the wrestling community I talk to on a regular basis and TRUST enough to maintain my anonymity because of my involvement with the sport (which I choose not to disclose at this time) know who I am. Besides, how easy is it to change one's handle if such a discovery is made?
Rookie
Picture of InternalFire
So which public schools are recruiting?
Rookie
AIM: Online Status For pintowin2
Wrasslin...Dirty recruiting? the only thing that could be deemed "dirty" on this board are the shots at Skutt. Skutt's recruiting habits are nothing to bash or look down upon. In essence, they have a non active recruiting process going at this point, they created such a sucessful program that kids want to attend.
Rookie
Hi just want to add somthing here the kids have to do what they need to do its not the recruting it is being able to wrestle as a team and work as a team These kids work from the time they were K-12 and they want to be with the best not only as for themselves but as a team Omaha Skutt has always had a great team and a leader thats why kids want to wrestle for them im tired of every one talking that Omaha Skutt recrutes they just want to be with the best and if my kid lived in Omaha thats where he would be. However he will be wrestling for Auburn this year and this was his desision not mine. Good Luck Blake M. And to all the other wrestlers isnt this FUN.