Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    For the Husker FB junkies
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
For the Husker FB junkies Login/Join

<Big Red>
posted   Report This Post  
Pelini and hard core husker fans need to stop whining about the KSU score. 38-7? isn't running up the score. Consider the colorado score from last year - you don't lay down when you have a lead in big-time college football! I don't consider that colorado score a problem either, but husker whiners seem to. When you are getting beat, it helps to tackle someone so they don't get a 40 yard run down to the five. Scoring from there is inevitable. Accept losses for what they are, and don't blame the opponents for the score!
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
You might want to have Bo as the HC, if not I would guess if he isn't he will still be in the Big 12 and we will get to face his defense next year with a ton of great athletes at a little school called OU

hawk
World Champion
Picture of NWI
The Mildcats ran it up on us last year in M-Town. They left their starters in well after the game was in the bag and we were subbing. That score, alone, should be written on the board in the locker room the week of the K-State game next year as a reminder, and if the situation ever presents itself and the two programs return to their rightful places, whoever coaches Nebraska should light up the scoreboard on Billy Snyder and then, when they meet at midfield after the game, he can shake his hand and say "Just like old times, eh buddy?"

I used to laugh at Colorado fans who thought our game was the big rivalry game. Now it's the K-State fans who think their program is the best ever who are the source of great jocularity.

And considering the hiccup our program is currently experiencing -- and it will be a short-lived hiccup -- we TRUE Husker fans need a little something to laugh about.
Rookie
some resitment in those words. I don't recall any KSU fans claiming their the best team ever and if they did that would be crazy. As for your comment about the false rival game, your right, KSU has whipped NU the last two years and the NU game is of little concern anymore. KSU is not going anywhere, they will continue to be a top level team in the big 12 weather you like it or not. I see NU improving and reaching the same level KSU is at right now, but as for the present, it looks like KSU has the upper hand. I guess if you call the NU game running up the score then they must have done the same to NU, shame on synder he shouldn't have done that, it embarrased OU and was was not very sportmanship like, yeah right give me a break.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I'll tell you what..when KSU has the kind of success they are having this year for FOUR STRAIGHT DECADES and wins a half-dozen national titles during that time, you can come back and tell me how their program is better than Nebraska's.

Nebraska's slip is going to be a short-lived one, I can assure you. And I'd be willing to bet that Nebraska will win a national title long before Bill Snyder wins one in Manhattan.

KSU has shown moments of brilliance, but nothing sustained. It wasn't long ago that KSU was hovering around .500 like Nebraska did last year, which tells me that while they are good now, they have a long way to go to match Nebraska's sustained level of excellence.
Rookie
I never said KSU's football program was better than NU's so please don't put words in my mouth. Right now they are enjoying more sucess than NU and that is a fact. If it pisses you off that KSU has beat NU soundly the last two years and KSU is going to a bcs game and NU is not don't blame me, I'm just the messenger. It is easy to have the best fans in the country when you are on top but it doesn't give you the right to bash other programs who are having success when you are not.
<Guest>
posted   Report This Post  
dont shoot the nwi messenger...I dont believe hes bashing the cats but rather just stating the facts...just like any fan would do...i mean how much hardware does manhatten have...oh thats right only one conference championship sits at the top of the cats trophy case, won last saturday. Well at least you didn't have to make room for one. Oh and by the way you have a long time before any sears trophy is given to snyder's cats.
Speaking of last saturday, I happenned to be at the game...I was real dissappointed to see the amount of k-state fans...I mean come on...have some faith in your own team. Heck you live right next door to arrowhead it should have been a jam packed sell out, instead I see people on the corners desparetely trying to rid there tickets for half face value...to me thats the difference between NU's Tradition and KSU's "big dream". I mean come on...no one is bashing... just stating the facts.
Rookie
about the tradition, I never siad ksu has better tradition, you would be hard pressed to find better tradition than the tradition that exsists in Nebraska, no one is disputing that. I'm saying KSU has the upper hand now and that is a fact. As to the only confrence championship, saturday made it two. In 1934 KSU won the big six, but again, I'm not saying KSU has great tradition. What I am saying is that NU is chasing KSU and it looks to be that way for a while. What is more sad than having fewer fans attend the big game was watching the cats play and realizing that if they would have played like that the whole season, then they could be in new orleans but they didn't perform during their three game losing streak.