Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Gilman to Iowa?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Gilman to Iowa? Login/Join

Junior High
posted   Report This Post  
According to the open mat...

Great for him!! (bad for us!)

Good luck!!
Junior High
Picture of bluehawk
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I looked on theopenmat and didn't see anything about Gillman. Did I miss it?
Junior High
I don't know how i found it...I don't go there often. I looked on themat .com and it said the same thing...

Maybe I am wrong!! I hope so...
Novice
I saw it rumored on themat.com forums. Since it was written in a forum it must be true Smile

I was hoping he would be a Husker. Best of luck
Novice
Picture of Gocke_Dojo
Gilman, was in Iowa City last week and two weeks ago in Lincoln. Sources say decision soon. I didn't see anything either Shannon

Curtis Gocke
Asst. Coach Plattsmouth High School
USA Nebraska Secretary/Treasurer
State Champion
Picture of deano
it's posted on theopenmat.com in the college forum section.....hopefully not true, didn't come from Willie or any other moderator there so hopefully it is just speculation.
NCAA Champion
I'm guessing he will go to Nebraska.
Rookie
Picture of NEYW
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
Well I guess he is gone. Manning needs these type of guys to compete in the B1G.
Rookie
Intermat says hes committed to iowa. Really sucks for huskers
Rookie
Novice
Do people think this will add to people's dislike for his behavior? I know a lot of fans probably don't know details such as where certain wrestlers are going to college but do people feel this will affect peoples feelings on him? In no way in my opinion should anyone boo a high school wrestler.
Rookie
Picture of myred65
Won't change mine. How many kids do you know would go to a college knowing the level of talent they curently have and that he will have to work harder than he ever has before just for a chance to see the mat. You have to admire his desire to absolutely be the best there is.
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
It suprises me Iowa would recruit two top tier guys at the same weight such as Gilman and Clark and that both of the guys are ok with it. I guess unless they are planning having one at 125 and the other at 133. I guess if you have both nobody else will have them. Too bad he will not be a Husker.
NCAA Champion
I will say that very few wrestlers can stay at 125 for more than a couple of years in college. Too many all you can eat buffets at the cafeteria.

I'm not sure of the height of Clark but if he is taller than Gilman he could be 133 or 141 easy. Gilman actually has the height for a 133 pound wrestler if he puts on the muscle in his lower body.

Can't go wrong recruiting 2 125 pound wrestlers...they will find a spot somewhere.
Rookie
Gilman is a talent. It was a shame to hear the people boo after winning his 3rd straight State Championship. It is also a shame to hear he is not going to wrestle for NU. I will chear for him regardless. He has his head on, and his sights are set to be a World or Olympic caliber wrestler. He is taking further steps to get where he wants to be, and I commend him. Having the Iowa coaching staff and Clark for a practice partner is only going to make him better. Congrats Thomas and Iowa. I look forward to watching you as a tenacious Iowa wrestler.
State Champion
Picture of deano
I for one will not be cheering for any Nebraska kid who had the opportunity to go to UNL and passed it up for another B1G school, with that being said I do hope he has a successful and healthy collegiate career.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Gilman is not from Nebraska. Always neat to see a kid work hard and fulfill a lifelong dream. There's not a better fit anywhere for this kid than Iowa.
State Champion
Picture of deano
I realize this, but he chose to wrestle in HS in Nebraska...wish he would have chosen Nebraska but went with the pinkeyes....hope he gets crushed everytime he wrestles a sker( I know not likely unless we get Grey, which IMO would be a bigger get anyways) otherwise I wish him well, hopefully he doesn't get booed this year because he truly is a great talent.
Novice
Picture of Blue
But you are saying its OK to boo him in 2 years? Interesting.

I'm your boy!!