Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    NU wins 21-9

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NU wins 21-9 Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Report This Post  
Great match by Brester and Rowe!!!
Junior Varsity
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Details?
Rookie
I'm not great on details. Brester won 6-1 (I believe against a kid who beat him twice last year and Rowe @ 141 beat I believe Bailey (?) who I think they said was 14th or 15th in the Nation 7-4
State Qualifier
Flaggert beat Brester 9-3 in the dual last year, but Craig then teched him 17-2 I think at Big 12s,where presumably Flaggert was ill.Both healthy today though,and Craig had him wanting no more at the end of todays match.

I though Brester,Rowe,Dwyer,and May, looked really good,and Oliver especially, but everyone else looked tired,or gassed in their matches.If Donahoe wrestled like he can, Foy could wrestle him 20 times and never beat him again.Burroughs had a nice flurry and takedown to win.I wonder if they trained through this dual, because that is how they wrestled compared to looking so good against Mizzou.

I didn't care for the official,I thought he let the Sooners block and counter-wrestle too much,(especially 149) and waited too long to stalemate several times.
Junior Varsity
Terrible loss for Donahue. This will hurt him for the seeds big time.