Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Posters...where have you all gone?

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Posters...where have you all gone? Login/Join

Novice
posted   Report This Post  
OK, now the site is back up and working and there has been some wrestling action around the state and country, but where are all the Huskermat guys?

TK and NWI have gottheir wish...have to be registered and now there are few to no posts that spark up any conversation!

I miss the old process much more. If guys want to control conversations...they should just email each other and stroke each others egos!

This private board is bored and getting worse!
<Cyotte>
The posts always go down after the season is over.
NCAA All American
Picture of chiefMTstorm
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
And all that is left are scavengers, mongrels, coyotes, and some bad weather! This site will be fine. Tear it apart in 6months if it hasn't picked up. Baker, say something controversial for us so we can pick you apart, you dirty rotten lollipop licker!

Rick Henry

<Cyotte>
I am staying out of trouble for now. sure am going to miss ya next year.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
thanks for the back handed compliment Wrasslin, now that you are registered feel free to liven things up with some of your personal wrestling interests or questions; you can now actually get a straight answer and without being demeaned in any way. You can even dispense real and true wrestling information here, go to it. You only have to follow the simple rules of the board, nothing more.

World Champion
Picture of NWI
Wow...what a concept. Eek

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
Hey NWI...just heard your site is in for some changes?!?!?!?

Will there be some articles written and maybe a discussion on the changes?

What is the secret?

Will there be a link to a poker site?
Rookie
Rookie
I really like the new restrictions. All those "guest" messages were so tiring. Thanks for the changes! Julie Smith
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
where are all the Huskermat guys

I'm here, just cranking the new Mudvayne CD!

Mudvayne

Lookin' for a quality wrestling camp to send my son to this summer...

HEADSTRONG: It's an especially apt, single-word description for the fearless approach to life - a stubborn, uncompromising dedication to doing it your own way, regardless of the consequences.
Rookie
Picture of wiz8891
la la la la...la...la lazy off season. Trout Slap Off Topicla la la
World Champion
Picture of NWI
No poker links...but news coming end of this week.

Novice
You NWI...I hear talk that you want to video stream matches on the site! How is that going to work? You had a hard enough time getting a few articles written this year! Let alone taping an editing some video! You will have to have written permission to put kids on your site from their parents...I see all kinds of headaches!

Good luck!
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
I'm not sure about the whole parental consent thing. I know I have seen video of my son wrestling on local news (during the state tournament); and my permission was never requested. Granted it was only about 10 seconds worth of video. Smile

For that matter; video of the state tournament itself is sold by NETV; without consent of the parents of the wrestlers.

I don't pretend to know the legal issues; but both of the above seem to indicate there may not be a parental consent issue. Perhaps wrestling meets are considered open to the public and anyone can take pictures or video with impunity?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Wrasslin...legally we can air video the same way we publish photos taken at tournaments, because they are public events. TV stations can shoot video without parental consent, so legally that is not going to be a problem.

The big thing is that more bodies are going to be needed, because several hundred thousand square miles and 220-plus high school and college wrestling programs can no longer be covered, in essence, by one person.

More details coming Friday...

World Champion
Picture of HB
Video streaming is definitely the future of covering sports events. You see lots of sites out there like rivals and the Ironman finals all filming and then transferring their files to the website for later viewing. Right now the only problem is trying to doing live video streaming because it's simply too expensive. I talked to my web guys last year and they said it would probably be another 3 or so years before streaming live video is as cost effective as streaming live audio. I was talking to a prominent college coach a while back and telling him about video streaming and how other coaches would be able to go online and scout other wrestlers etc. He said "I'm not sure I like that idea very much." Hate to say coach but you can't be a dinosaur-need to keep evolving with technology.
Rookie
In regards to the post about the college coach saying that he wasn't sure about the video on the web of wrestlers. I can see his point, me being a coach. Don't get me wrong, this new technology will bring more exposure to the sport and allow people from all parts of the state to view different styles and techniques. As far as legality, it is legal, according to the NSAA, to tape an opponet and preview it before a tournament by not during competition. So I guess as far as fairness, if I had one of my wrestlers posted on there, I would most definatley want and appreciate some of his TOUGH opponets matches posted as well so we both have equal opportunity to view each others styles. Just my opinion.
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
Not sure of the legalities, but we stream most of our athletic contests, then archive them for viewing later.
We had all 3 duals broadcast this year.