Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    team lineups
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
team lineups Login/Join

<Guest>
posted   Report This Post  
With Rodriguez at Kearney and Hernandez at Pius X incoming, and a few coming back, Rogert will have a difficult time at 103.
<Guest>
kc is wrestling year around this year though and before this he has never even thought about wrestling passed april like a wrestler like rodriquez that wrestlers freestyle into the summer. and anyone that talks to him knows how motivated he is right now. so be looking for a totally new wrestler next year.
<Rocket>
RockChalkJayhawk you're an idiot if you seriously think miles wont come close to winning it next year. His only losses were to Keenan, and only in one of those matches was he truly beaten. I'd like to know who you think is going to beat him at 171 or 189.
<Odoyle>
I'm not sure how much bigger Erspamer will get, but if he stays at 189 he's the man to beat until someone proves it otherwise.
<LNE Wrestler>
Man people gettin on here and talkin crap is bs. Those of you who don't like LNE, good for you, but you don't gotta talk bad bout our guys to prove it. People at LNE give credit where credit is due, so why can't the rest of you do the same. And in response to all the coments about us: Schnell ballooned up to 125, and will probably be back around 115-120 before next year, Miles is definately one of the people to beat next year, and if you don't believe it just look at the stats, about rogurt winning or not winning, come on he's a freshman, give him a break, and finally to those who did give us credit, thanks that means a lot to all of us.

LNE wrestler
Novice
Picture of TRANSCENDING04
AIM: Online Status For EDDIE27WITHTHETD
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
i dont beleive anyone talked trash about north east other than that remark about miles. Other than that, everything was the truth. Rogert beating Rodriguez is possible but unlikely, and schnell winning state is going to be rfeally hard considering he might gte stuck with either etherton from east at his weight, vacanti will be somewhere around there,valdez, denson and mccoy, and sherer still could possibly be around his weight. Anyone of those guys would cause a lot of trouble for him, unless he made some big improvements, which not impossible.
<Guest>
and all of this is just Opinions based on your limited knowledge at the time. We are a year away people. but while people are saying this stuff. I'll do a few of my own.
103-Right now you have to say Rodriquez is the better wrestler because he beat His best contender(in my opinion) for state next year at huskerland in a pretty close match. But if i had to put my money on someone it is Rogert because he has all of the motivation to get better and he knows how hard he needs to work to win it next year. while Rodriquez doesn't know what he has to beat so he will just work hard im sure but my guess Rogert and probably a few other kids will go Above and Beyond.
Zach Schnell-Let's just say he will go 25 or 19 he probably wont win state next year but who knows. The kid could just put on all that weight in muscle and with his available coaching he could be right in the heat of things. Noone really knows.
Miles-Just look how much better he got from his Freshman-Sophmore year. Chances are same thing will happen from Sophmore-Junior year. and no matter what you say a match as even as Miles and Keenan, Keenan is going to have to work just as hard or harder than miles or he will get beat. Nothing is guarenteed as much as u want to see it that way.
<Guest>
...to that
<RockChalkJayhawk>
You're crazy if you think Miles was only "truly beaten" once by Keenan. First match, Miles should've been hit for stalling more than he did, but the ref was generous. The second match, Keenan got a reversal to tie it up, but the ref took it away after he gave it to him. Third match, Keenan pinned him, no arguements there. Last match, Miles's only points were off escapes, so you can't say he should've won this one. If he goes 160 next year, Baumgartner will beat him. If he goes 171, Keenan. 189, Casey Roberts or Erspamer if he stays. His only chance would be to bulk up to 215. And his only losses weren't to Keenan. He lost to Brandon Mason who just embarrassed him, pinning him without trying. Keenan didn't get close to beating him, but gave him a good match, getting close to a couple takedowns. To beat Miles, all you have to do is don't choose bottom. I saw Miles wrestle the Kearney kid and Miles never got close to a TD. He only won when the kid chose bottom.

[This message was edited by Red Rocker on April 17, 2003 at 01:54 PM.]
<Guest>
First off Miles shouldn't have been hit for stalling more, Keenan should have when hes on bottom and curls into a little ball. Second match keenan never got a reversal, watch the tape it was an escape at most and miles still wins. At districts keenan pins him outright. At state there was no escape miles is state champ. And keenan didnt wrestle the iowa kid good, he was crying before the match was over.
Novice
Picture of TRANSCENDING04
AIM: Online Status For EDDIE27WITHTHETD
too bad the stats say keenan is steate champ and from what i saw, MILES WAS STALLING. im also gonna say keenan waqs doing the same, i noticed how keenan took his time,
so there were flaws both ways.
<TimNeumannFan>
Ummmm, if I'm not mistaken, none of this really matters. Yes Keenen is state champ, and yes Miles is runner-up, everything that happened in the matches hapened and can't change, nothin else that happened this is going to change. It's what happens next year. And for those of you who think Miles has no chance, and Keenen has it locked up, there have been a few state champions, that returned and didn't win it all the next year, most recently ryan etherton. No offense to ryan, he's a great wrestler, and an even better all-around person, but i'm just saying it CAN happen. So just quit this little argument cause it really makes no sense at all.

[This message was edited by Red Rocker on April 17, 2003 at 08:45 PM.]

Very good point TimNeumannFan..... Sans the profanity. Big Grin

RR

[This message was edited by Red Rocker on April 17, 2003 at 08:47 PM.]

yeah, you could argue the McCurdy-Miles match all year untill next year at state,lol. like ya said things happened, and no one is guaranteed a State Championship, like last year Gengler beat Edmonds, this year Edmonds beat Gengler. You can go on and on.....just my $0.02

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
<RockChalkJayhawk>
But Keenan isn't in the same situation as Ryan. He doesn't have 2 of the best freshman coming into his weight class. If Miles wrestles someone good on his feet and doesn't choose bottom, Miles will lose almost every time. And you can't say that not getting pinned by Brandon Mason isn't wrestling him well. Keenan actually gave him a decent match.

[This message was edited by Red Rocker on April 21, 2003 at 10:37 PM.]
NCAA Champion
Does anyone know of any soph that will be returning at 103 next year? And what class?
NCAA Champion
Class A 103 should be pretty tough...don't know what might be returning and I'm sure Victor will be at 112. Shane Krim, Trent Washington, Daniel Rodrigez, Kc Rogert, Dan Pedersen will all be tough.

My guess for now would be Trent Washington, Daniel Rodrigez, Shane Krim, Dan Pedersen, KC Rogert.

If there are any returning that may be different.

Class B I'm not sure of either...Brock Smith of Gering should be at top cosidering that none of the above mentioned Class wrestler's can beat him or has in the passed that I know of.
Anyone returning... I would like to know.

Class C could be Negley...can he make 103? Kassler 103? Dustin Franklin-Oakland should be very strong contender.

Class D I have no idea....give me some.
<Guest>
Dan Pederson will be at Platteview which is Class B. but it will be fun watching Casey Trenton and Daniel wrestle all year. very tough class next year
<Guest>
what are some of the class D line-ups going to be next year?
<bill s.>
103 in class d or c the winner will pyzdeck whichever class louisville is.