Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Trev and JC
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Trev and JC Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Are we surprised at anything at this point...anyone want to take odds on the attendance at the first home UNO basketball game vs the attendance St the first Maryville wrestling dual?

"Winners find a way to win and Losers find a way to lose."
Junior High
Can't wait to get my Maryville wrestling t-shirt and I'm sure my son will wear his proudly as he walks around the UNO campus next year . . . that's assuming they won't be banned.

I agree Observer, I would be surprised if Maryville wrestling doesn't out-sell UNO b-ball. I just might head on down to the first dual myself.
Novice
Picture of ArmBar
Coach Denney is going to have a tremendous challenge starting a new program at Maryville. There are a lot of professional sports in St. Louis (Maryville is in St. Louis County) that compete for fans from the suburbs. The good news is that outside of Lindenwood (NAIA) I don't believe there is any other college wrestling in St. Louis. (Meramec Community College dropped their program last year.) so there's potential for recruiting some good wrestlers from the St. Louis metro area. Omaha's loss is St. Louis's gain. I bet having a good program at Maryville will help Missouri wrestling in general, including Mizzou. Does anyone besides me think that the Huskers also benefit from UNO's loss of wrestling as they will get the Omaha kids that would have gone to UNO?
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
I see that Trev is advertising for golfers. If you can walk talk and swing a club contact them. What a cluster mess. http://www.omavs.com/mobile/index.aspx?story=7748
Junior High
Denney Never had to advertise for wrestlers!
Rookie
ST Louis is going to be a hot bed for D2 wrestling. As a former Mav, I know what Duke will do there, as a current NAIA coach, there is a ton of quality wrestling already there... McKendree (NE Sub of St Louis in Il), Lindenwood both are moving D2 next year, plus Mo Baptist just hired Jimmy Rollins who is an amazing recruiter, and even though he never wrestled at UNO, has worked out with a ton of omaha kids as well while he was at Dana and Midland. So now there is 3 D2 schools all in the same city, plus Mo Baptist!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
checked the Ebay listing -- so far, nothing but helmets and shoulder pads, no memorabilia or any wrestling items...yet.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
There has been no bids on the gear yet.
Rookie
Picture of outstatefan
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot 152:
Can't wait to get my Maryville wrestling t-shirt and I'm sure my son will wear his proudly as he walks around the UNO campus next year . . . that's assuming they won't be banned.

I agree Observer, I would be surprised if Maryville wrestling doesn't out-sell UNO b-ball. I just might head on down to the first dual myself.

What I'm expecting is for someone to put together a bus trip for the first dual. I don't think we'd have any trouble filling up a bus of UNO fans to cheer on the Saints.
Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by BLASCHKO:
There has been no bids on the gear yet.
As it should be. Another failed plan in a long line of mistakes.

Rookie
quote:
Originally posted by outstatefan:
quote:
Originally posted by Patriot 152:

What I'm expecting is for someone to put together a bus trip for the first dual. I don't think we'd have any trouble filling up a bus of UNO fans to cheer on the Saints.
That will happen!

Rookie
It would be awesome if they had a friday and saturday home dual. Get two in one weekend. Count me in! Go Saints!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Two wrestling mats are currently up on the UNO athletics Ebay store, and both have bids on them. I sure hope it's somebody who will donate the mats to Maryville University.

Rookie
Picture of NEYW
I am surprised their minimum bid wasn't like 4k based on what they are doing with the football gear.
Rookie
Picture of myred65
Really??? $40 for a beat up used football? No wonder no one is bidding on the stuff. I wonder where it goes if it doesn't get sold.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I love the pictures of the mats that are rolled up and hanging from the scaffolding....geez, too lazy to bring them down and photograph them on the floor??? Seriously??? That might be the most unintentionally funny thing I've seen all day.

Here it is...

Junior High
Picture of BLASCHKO
Is it suprising that they would do this half baked also?
Rookie
Well all I've got to say is that is a pretty small mat. Descriptions says 42' x 42" (second 42 is followed by dbl quotation marks which I was taught means inches) So not only was it half a$$ job of taking a picture and presenting the mat, but was a half a$$ job on the title of the item. LOL!!!
Novice
These mats are very cheap aren't they? I don't know how much these mats cost but I was thinking more in the $10,000 range. Also the one mat is a 42' by 42' mat. That is got to be hard to roll up also damn near impossible to move.
Rookie
Picture of NEYW
1 piece mats will be impossible to move.

$300.00 for mat, $5000 for trucking company to move it.