Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Track Wrestling

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Track Wrestling Login/Join

Junior High
posted   Report This Post  
How many tournaments will be using this software this year? Just watched overview video and stats looked pretty easy on it. Anyone used the stat program?

Relentless
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
I've used TrackWrestling for 3 Nebraska USA Wrestling events this past year - 2 state tournaments and the Elementary Duals. So far it is the best application that I've used in the past 10 years. We are going to use it again for all of our events, and are even expanding to run live at the tables.

We are also going to use it for the Bennington Invite this year, and for our stats. If you have a solid internet connection, you can use any computer. Otherwise, you can download and run the on-site server software to run on one computer or even set up your own network. That is what we will be doing for all of our events. USA Northern Plains Regionals ran it like that this year and it looks like it is really smooth once the tournament starts. For the stats program, it looks like it uses the browser's caching for offline use.

"Summer wrestling makes Winter champions."
Rookie
We are going to use it for our JV and varsity tournaments as well as districts of course. I also bought the stats program and was playing around with it a little using an i Pad. I am hoping to run our tournaments paperless using I-Pads at every table, not sure if it will work, but I am hoping it will. I am a little nervous, but figure if the state is using it and I have to use it for districts I might as well make sure we know how it works.
Junior High
Rocketman you coming over with Mack for practice tonight?

If so bring log-in and we can mess with the stats side of things.

Relentless
NCAA Champion
Oakland Craig will be using TW at all their JV and Varsity events this year. We used it last year for USA Districts and District 5 will be doing that again as well. It's in West Point this year. Looks like we might do it for the kids club tournament as well.

Midland is having a tournament middle of January and will be using TW also.
NCAA Champion
I haven't looked at the stats program at all. I wish we could get that at OC but sounds like we would need 3 IPads or similar? Right?
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
We will use it at the York Invite and at the B-3 district this year.

Chad Mattox
Novice
Picture of pinmachine
quote:
Originally posted by rocketman:
We are going to use it for our JV and varsity tournaments as well as districts of course. I also bought the stats program and was playing around with it a little using an i Pad. I am hoping to run our tournaments paperless using I-Pads at every table, not sure if it will work, but I am hoping it will. I am a little nervous, but figure if the state is using it and I have to use it for districts I might as well make sure we know how it works.

We are going to run paperless, but with netbooks. As long as you have an active internet connection, you can run it from iPads, tablets, etc. I'm not sure if they will work with the on-site server setup yet, that's part of my phase II of setup and testing. I hope to be an "expert" on TW by 12/1 Wink I've even done some things from my phone. We are using an Android tablet for our stats.

"Summer wrestling makes Winter champions."