Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  Open Discussion (free)    Pack Your Bags For Omaha!!!
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: Red Rocker

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Pack Your Bags For Omaha!!! Login/Join

posted   Report This Post  
6-0 for the Big O!!!

Mikey will have a story on NWI tonight.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
posted   Hide PostReport This Post  
Another sad day for Nebraska wrestling .

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

Junior Varsity
Picture of rmh
The NSAA finally got it right.
Rookie
the NSAA finally got it right Smile

World Champion
Picture of HB
Now where is the media section located?? Wink
Junior High
Picture of Vegas Kid
As others have already said. Regardless of how the vote came out, continue to support the event.
<Out West>
posted   Report This Post  
HB SAVE SO ROOM IN THE PRESS BOX FOR MYSELF AND MY DAUGHTERS & KSDZ RADIO. HB CAN YOU GET FROM RUSHVILLE TO OMAHA, I MIGHT HAVE TO GET A MAP, OR COULD YOU HELP ME FIND THE HILTON IN FT.CAL.HA HA
State Champion
Picture of deano
This is a sad day for Nebraska High School Wrestling. I for one will not be attending state while it is in Omaha. Sad,sad day.

Peace

Deano
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
Deano I know where you are coming from, the NSAA today decided that Valentine, Sargent, Chadron, Rushville, Mullen and the list goes on and on are not worth anything and Omaha is everything in High School athletics. Last year was the no JV rule this year unless you wrestle a wrestler from Omaha it will not count on your record.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Hey Deano, can I have your ticket? The Omaha Boogeyman needs an extra one for next year's tournament.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
HB what ticket, Omaha schools will be getting first come and first served tickets that ticketmaster has to offer. Hey western wrestling fans can you say nosebleeds.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
HB another thing, Huskerland's youth state tournament used to bring in 1800 wrestlers when it was held in Lincoln it moved to Omaha for 2 years and the second year there was something like 890 wrestlers then they move it to Kearney and you are looking at 1200-1500 wrestlers. Why didn't the people support Omaha? I will tell you why and it is the same reason that state will now become the Omaha Invite and that is Outstate Nebraska has been downgraded by Omaha for decades and the states major newspaper which happens to be the World Herald list crime after crime that happens in Omaha. Outstate people have every right to be leery of the Big O as you put it, they choose to live the simple life in small town Nebraska where a murder hardly ever happens, not happens everyday.
State Qualifier
HB,where do you live? Thanks for your impartial reporting.Mikey,same.IMO,this was a terrible decision.I guess we'll have to skrew the small town teams for the city boys.This sucks,plain and simple.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Actually you can go to ticketmaster.com or call them as well. Do you really think you need to drive all the way down here to reserve your tickets? Second, Omaha has a very low crime rate. You're more than welcome to google "Omaha Crime Rate" and find the statistics yourself. I honestly believe your paranoia is getting the best of you because you really WANT to believe that this is a bad bad decision. The Qwest Center has security guards in every lot so hopefully that alleviates some of your concerns. If some fan gets murdered on their stay to the state wrestling tournament in Omaha, I'll personally pay for their funeral expenses.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
HB you are completely missing the point, the point is no matter what you or I say to outstate wrestling fans they are not going to change there perception of Omaha. The folks in the Sargent Leader don't read about any murders that happened in town, but most people here read the World Herald and guess what they read about Omaha. It is perception. Most of the people that live in Sargent have never lived anywhere but here and when they think of state they think Lincoln plain and simple. I am not saying anyone is going to get robbed, murdered or raped during state what I am saying is that out of the 61 reserved tickets we had this year I would guess 30 of those will not go to Omaha plain and simple. Boy not getting anyone to see my wrestlers competete against the best is a great way to promote my program.
State Qualifier
HB,we do get news out here in the sticks,so dont tell us about the low crime rate.Most cities have crime issues,and they increase exponetially with population.Omaha is no exception.

I'll be the first to admit that I am not a big crowd or people person,but I always enjoy Lincoln but hate getting into Omaha.I've got lots of freinds there,but they dont get many visits from me.

quote:
Originally posted by panther:
HB,where do you live? Thanks for your impartial reporting.Mikey,same.IMO,this was a terrible decision.I guess we'll have to skrew the small town teams for the city boys.This sucks,plain and simple.

why does it suck? there will be more seating and room, there isnt a bad seat in the place. i know i would rather sit in a tighter seat than sit on the concrete seats at the top of devaney. ppl have to drive at most 30-45mins more. would u rather drive 30-45mins and get a seat or save the time to get to lincoln only to find out u cant watch yer kid wrestle bc of no seats? i am from omaha, i went to state in highschool and there was a tradition of going to lincoln, but why is it so wrong to have something new?

just my 2 cents.

"It's in the bag coach, it's in the bag."
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Badger
True story. We had a wrestler get mugged and all his money stolen in Clarks while we were attending the Clarks Invitational one year. That does not mean Clarks is a dangerous place.

I do not know the current statistics, but I heard a few years back that Scottsbluff had the highest crime rate per capita in the state of Nebraska. Big city does not mean it's a big bad city. There are just more people.

I grew up on a farm between Columbus and David City so I know how small town people feel. Many will complain, but nearly 100% of the people will continue to attend.

I think in the long run people will find out that the Qwest Center is the best place in Nebraska at this time to host the state wrestling tournament. I expect the Qwest will put on a great event.
Novice
I am from Clarks and I do recall a few cases where kids had gotten money or clothing stolen out of lockers. However, there was never anybody that got mugged at the Clarks Invitational. Once again, I am from there and have attended this meet for the past twenty years. Nobody has been mugged EVER in the town of Clarks. I think you need to reword your post. This is getting comical.
Rookie
yeay for OMAHAAAAAAAAAAAA can you say Plasma TV screens have you seen them there beautiful.