Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Van Halen Mark V: Rocker's Reaction?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Van Halen Mark V: Rocker's Reaction? Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
my wife showed me a picture of ed, in people or one of those rags, taken recently at a neck car event. ed was there in some official capacity and looked great. there was even a before picture and one can tell ed is much more sober than in the picture used for comparison. being a HUGE vh and sammy fan i would love to see the day when all 5 could get along and do a "best of both worlds" reunion tour. dave and sammy have toured before and sammy talked like he would be interested if ed could get his stuff together. hopefully rehab helped ed's ego too.
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Was wondering around the Guide on the TV last night and found Sammy and the Wabos live in St. Louis on HDNET. Hit the DVR button and started watching. The Wabos did the 1st hour and then Mike (the other 1/2) came on and played base.
WHAT A SHOW! WHAT A PARTY!, had the Waboritos on the stage behind them (special seats for folks that frequent the Cabo Wabo) A bar set up on stage with ladies in swim suits bringing the band and others drinks, cold beer in a cooler on stage.
Rocker you got to watch this, The Heavy Metal Crooner was on fire! Bling came out from Oakland and did a bit of Rap to the You got to Fight For The Right To Party at the end!
GREAT ROCK SHOW!

hawk

quote:
Originally posted by hawk:
Was wondering around the Guide on the TV last night and found Sammy and the Wabos live in St. Louis on HDNET. Hit the DVR button and started watching. The Wabos did the 1st hour and then Mike (the other 1/2) came on and played base.
WHAT A SHOW! WHAT A PARTY!, had the Waboritos on the stage behind them (special seats for folks that frequent the Cabo Wabo) A bar set up on stage with ladies in swim suits bringing the band and others drinks, cold beer in a cooler on stage.
Rocker you got to watch this, The Heavy Metal Crooner was on fire! Bling came out from Oakland and did a bit of Rap to the You got to Fight For The Right To Party at the end!
GREAT ROCK SHOW!

You've got mail...

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
i heard on a radio station the other day that they are trying to get the reunion tour with dave going again now that ed is sober. hope it happens.
Rookie
Ray Waddell at Billboard Magazine is reporting that the 2007 reunion tour is back in the planning stage for the fall. Several arena holds are in place in major markets for potential Van Halen tour dates. The tour will feature David Lee Roth, Eddie and Alex Van Halen, and Eddie's teenage son Wolfgang on bass guitar.
Rookie
Rolling Stone is also reporting that "There’s some truth to the speculation that Van Halen is going to finally launch their reunion tour with David Lee Roth this fall, a source familiar with the situation tells Rolling Stone."
Rookie
7-5-07 - VanHalen.com confirms concert rumors!

VANHALEN.COM EXCLUSIVE: We have independently confirmed that the new concert tour is on again. A VanHalen.com exclusive source who is the director for a large stadium/arena in the midwest has confirmed to us that the tour is "back on". He received word yesterday (July 4) that the tour is back on and was instructed to get ready to book the dates. He doesn't have dates yet but as soon as he does we will post them here.

Signed up for the VH newsletter a while back, received this today...

VAN HALEN AND DAVID LEE ROTH ANNOUNCE NORTH AMERICAN TOUR

HISTORIC CONCERT TOUR MARKS FIRST OF ITS KIND

FOR VAN HALEN IN 22 YEARS

LOS ANGELES, CA -- August 13, 2007 Beginning this September, in what promises to be the most exciting live tour this year, Van Halen will embark on a national concert tour throughout the U.S. and Canada with its original lead singer David Lee Roth for the first time in 22 years.

Considered by fans and media alike as one of the most highly anticipated tours in rock and roll history, Roth, guitarist Eddie Van Halen and drummer Alex Van Halen will perform with Eddie’s son, Wolfgang who joins the line-up as the band’s bass player. Van Halen and Roth have not performed or recorded together since 1984’s classic multi-platinum album “1984” and subsequent tour, making this tour truly a historic event.

25 dates in all were announced today for the tour which is slated for a September 27th kick-off in Charlotte, North Carolina. Tickets for select dates on the tour go on sale beginning on Saturday, August 18th and are available on http://www.LiveNation.com. A complete list of confirmed dates is attached. The Van Halen tour is being produced by Live Nation. Individuals who have the Citi® / AAdvantage® card, the official credit card of the tour, will be offered access to purchase preferred seats to all U.S. shows.

Fans can enjoy the ultimate Van Halen experience including concert pre-show parties, backstage access, premium seating and more. For additional details go to http://www.iloveallaccess.com.

Fans are encouraged to also check in at http://www.van-halen.com/ or http://www.davidleeroth.com/ for additional information.

Van Halen remains one of the most important and influential bands of all time. Formed in Los Angeles in 1974, the band quickly won a loyal hometown fan base with their electrifying live shows. From the moment they released their self-titled 1978 debut album, Van Halen shook the foundations of rock, thanks largely to Roth’s peerless showmanship, Eddie Van Halen’s revolutionary guitar virtuosity and their songwriting abilities. It changed rock music forever.

The band’s first album proved one of the biggest selling rock debuts, with key tracks like “Eruption,” “Running with the Devil,” “Jamie’s Cryin’,” “You Really Got Me” and “Ain’t Talkin’ ‘Bout Love” leading the way. The next year, the band followed up with “Van Halen II,” which included the hit “Dance the Night Away.”

Subsequent albums like “Women and Children First” (1980), “Fair Warning” (1981) and “Diver Down” (1982), along with worldwide touring, solidified the band’s reputation for innovative and unparalleled live performances. Classic Van Halen tracks from the early 80’s include “Everybody Wants Some,” “Unchained”, “And The Cradle Will Rock”, “Beautiful Girls”, “Mean Street” and “Somebody Get Me A Doctor” just to name a few.

With their sixth album, released in, and titled “1984”, Van Halen rose to stratospheric heights. Recorded at Eddie Van Halen’s 5150 Studios, the multi-platinum smash yielded one of Van Halen’s signature hits, “Jump,” which remained #1 on the Billboard charts for an astounding five weeks straight. Other hits from the album include “Panama,” “Hot For Teacher” and “I’ll Wait.”

The band’s record of achievement is hard to top. Presented with two Diamond Award RIAA Certified Status’ for their albums “Van Halen” and “1984”, Van Halen joins an elite short list of two time Diamond Award honorees in the history of the music industry. The Diamond Award is presented to an artist for album sales of 10 million or more units. They are also in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most #1 hits on Billboard’s Mainstream Rock chart than any other band in history.

Inducted into the Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Fame in March of this year, Van Halen has produced a treasured body of work that fans will admire for decades to come.

VAN HALEN TOUR

North American Dates

Sep. 27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena

Sep. 29 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum

Oct. 01 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center

Oct. 07 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre

Oct. 10 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena

Oct. 14 Indianapolis, IN Conseco Field House

Oct. 16 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena

Oct. 18 Chicago, IL United Center

Oct. 22 Auburn Hills, MI Palace of Auburn Hills

Oct. 24 Minneapolis, MN Target Center

Oct. 26 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center

Oct. 28 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center

Oct. 30 Boston, MA TD Banknorth Garden

Nov. 03 E. Rutherford, NJ Continental Airlines Arena

Nov. 13 New York, NY Madison Square Garden

Nov. 20 Los Angeles, CA Staples Center

Nov. 23 Glendale, AZ Jobing.Com Arena

Nov. 25 San Diego, CA Cox Arena

Nov. 27 Sacramento, CA Arco Arena

Nov. 29 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose

Dec. 01 Portland, OR Rose Garden

Dec. 03 Seattle, WA Key Arena

Dec. 05 Vancouver, BC General

Motors Place

Dec. 09 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place

Dec. 11 Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome

# # #

***PLEASE NOTE ALL DATES/CITIES SUBJECT TO CHANGE***

I'll pass and go see Sammy and the Wabos along with the "Other Half" in November.

Wish them well but won't be going to see them.

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Watched part of the new conference last night -- could only stand listening to DLR's rambling for about 10 minutes before I had to change the channel. I give the tour 8 shows before Alex tomahawks DLR with a drumstick during the chorus of "Running With The Devil."

Either that or Wolfgang catches Dave from behind while he's not looking and blasts him in the back of the head with his bass.

Eddie's best quote was when he hugged DLR and called him his "new brother" -- rehab obviously didn't go as planned.

I might go just to see the train wreck in progress..

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray

Did Ed look better?

Saw this picture recently and he looks 100% better than the one earlier in this thread.

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
Rookie
ed does look alot better. i will be making a special trip to at least kc for this one. with any luck i'll get to see sammy & mike sometime in the near future as well.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Ed LOOKED better -- but calling DLR his "new brother" at the news conference??? And letting DLR practically do ALL the talking, even when he, Alex and Wolfgang were the ones being asked the questions???

Whatever Ed paid for his rehab, he should get his money back...I don't think he's quite all there in between the ears.

I'm very interested in seeing the reviews on THIS tour...depending on how it goes, I may attend if they put Omaha on a second leg (although I'd be very surprised if the first leg goes off all the way...).

quote:
Originally posted by NWI:
(although I'd be very surprised if the first leg goes off all the way...).

Last line I saw, the over/under was 10.5 shows...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
96.1 The Brew has a contest going where they took 25 random callers and gave them a certain stop on the tour -- if (or should I say WHEN) the tour implodes in a certain city, the winner gets some kind of prize package.

I'm in the contest -- my show is the San Jose gig.

The press conference from Monday.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5G8MLutk7ZY

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I personally recommend watching it, if for no other reason to gauge the "boy, I wish this guy would shut the (EXPLETIVE) up for just 15 (EXPLETIVE) seconds" look on the face of Alex.

I still think Eddie's rehab didn't take...

Here's a few videos of the pre tour rehersal.

My thoughts:

Ed still sounds good.

Now I remember why I don't care for Diamond Dave.

They sorely miss Michael Anthony.

Can't wait to see Sammy and Mikey November 17th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YaIC7pX1ho (Panama)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evNCd9Vm8DM (Eruption & Aint talkin bout love)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLApP-89JSA (Cathedral)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGapAkq89-I (Beautiful girls)

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Rocker,

They actually don't sound too bad, but they do miss Mike terribly.

You going to see Sammy in Sewer City in Nov.??? I'm thinking about going as well.

quote:
Originally posted by NWI:
Rocker,

They actually don't sound too bad, but they do miss Mike terribly.

You going to see Sammy in Sewer City in Nov.??? I'm thinking about going as well.

10-4 on Sewer City. Tried to talk a certain Lincolnite into going but he mumbled something about an early Thanksgiving with the "Boss'" family. Sheeesh I wish people would get their priorities straight!!!

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Let me know if you decide to go. You just as well ride with us!

-----------------
Photobucket

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Let me see if my finances will allow it -- just paid the last car payment and now have to pay for repairs coming up...grrrr.