Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Dolly Parton tour postponed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dolly Parton tour postponed Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
True story, courtesy of Pollstar.com -- the fifth paragraph was of particular interest to me, from a jocularity standpoint...

Dolly Parton has been forced to postpone her upcoming U.S. tour due to a back condition, according to a statement from the singer.

Doctors have advised the iconic singer, songwriter and film star to take six to eight weeks off in order to recover properly.

Parton apologized to her fans and promised she'd be on the road as soon as possible.

"I know I have been breaking my neck and bending over backwards trying to get my new Backwoods Barbie CD and world tour together, but I didn't mean to hurt myself doing it!

"But hey, you try wagging these puppies around a while and see if you don't have back problems. Seriously though, the doctors said I will be good as new in a few weeks, and I can't wait to get back out there. See you soon, Dolly."

New dates for the tour, which was set to kick off February 28, are expected for late April through May. Tickets for the original shows will be honored for the new dates.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
"Wagging Dolly Parton's puppies." Now there's a vison that will keep you warm on these cold February nights.
Wink