Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    I know this belongs on the other page but...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I know this belongs on the other page but... Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of pick125
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
......I know that more people will see this post rather than on the back nine.

Husker football, I was just 11 years old when we won in 97, 9 and 8 in 1994-95, sad to say, I have no idea what the glory years used to be like. I don't have great memories of the husker greats, the closest thing I have of that would be players like Eric Crouch, Dejuan Groce, and demorrio williams. It seemed like we had absolutely no holes on defense, just a solid cohesive unit. Our line was freaking amazing, it really didn't matter who we had back there, they were bound to get 4-5 yards on every carry. Now husker football has regressed so much that we are having redshirt freshman having to start on the o-line.

Let me also state that I'm not trying to blame any one person here, I wasn't happy with the firing of Solich, but I also looked for it as an opportunity to elevate the level of our game. I think athletes were starting to realize that yes they could win at nebraska, but they would be hard pressed to find ways into the NFL, especially on offense. It just seemed the top end athletes no longer were looking for Nebraska. The way I looked at how Nebraska won with the recruits they had was this: They developed their kids with average to above average recruits and they didn't play until they were juniors and seniors, this gave them a chance to mature and develop and become great athletes while learning the "complicated" offensive schemes. When we eventually did have 2 classes in a row that had subpar recruits, this put ourselves in a hole, we no longer could develop these players into the ones we used to have. This is why we had the 9-3 season we had with Solich. In no way was 9-3 bad, but in the 3 losses, we weren't competitive, they had better athletes than we had.

I honestly can't say what has happened to our defense, do athletes just not want to come to Nebraska anymore? When we had to start Fabian as a redshirt freshman that told me something, and then we have Grixby and Green on the boundaries, that tells me we were not recruiting athletes. I am not knocking any of our defenders, I expect great things from Grisby and Green, but hell they are young, you can't expect them to come in and be lockdown corners right away.

I just want to show this to people and let them understand why we are losing the way we are losing

here is our depth chart as of right now on offense:

TE (Y):
J.B. Phillips*, 6-3, 255, So., Colleyville, Texas
Clayton Sievers, 6-4, 240, RFr., Elkhorn, Neb.
LT:
Cornealius Fuamatu-Thomas, 6-5, 315, Sr., Honolulu, Hawaii
Lydon Murtha, 6-7, 315, RFr., Hutchinson, Minn.
LG:
Greg Austin**, 6-1, 290, Jr., Cypress, Texas
Jared Helming, 6-3, 295, Sr., Cypress, Texas
C:
KURT MANN*, 6-4, 290, Jr., Grand Island, Neb.
Greg Austin**, 6-1, 290, Jr., Cypress, Texas
RG:
BRANDON KOCH**, 6-4, 310, Sr., Gothenburg, Neb.
Mike Huff, 6-4, 300, RFr., Ralston, Neb. - OR -
Chris Patrick, 6-4, 285, So., Ithaca, Mich.
RT:
SEPPO EVWARAYE**, 6-5, 320, Sr., Laurel, Neb.
Matt Slauson, 6-5, 340, Fr., Colorado Springs, Colo.
WR (X):
Isaiah Fluellen**, 6-0, 185, Jr., Ramstein, Germany
Frantz Hardy, 6-0, 175, So., Miami, Fla. - or -
Nate Swift, 6-2, 195, RFr., Hutchinson, Minn.
WR (Z):
TERRENCE NUNN*, 6-0, 185, So., Houston, Texas
Mark LeFlore***, 5-11, 195, Sr., Omaha, Neb.
FB"
Dane Todd**, 5-10, 235, Jr., Lincoln, Neb.
Grant Miller, 6-0, 225, Jr., Peabody, Mass.
IB:
CORY ROSS***, 5-6, 195, Sr., Denver, Colo.
Brandon Jackson*, 5-11, 205, So., Horn Lake, Miss.
QB:
Zac Taylor, 6-2, 210, Jr., Norman, Okla.
Joe Ganz, 6-1, 200, RFr., Palos Heights, Ill.

we have 6 seniors, 7 juniors, 5 sophomores, and 6 frosh. Now I also want you to think about how these players are only in year 2 of this new system, so regardless of their age, the seniors only have 2 years of experience under their belt of this new system. How can you expect a team to compete for a title with basically sophomores out there competing? I went through 3 different offensive philosophies on my high school football team. We ran veer for my freshman year, then a rollout pass offense, and the a shotgun offense. During my high school career we only won 3 games, this can be attributed to not having the athlets to compete with the teams we were playing but how do you think we felt going into preseason every year not knowing what our offense was going to be?

we have 6 seniors, 7 juniors, 7 sophomores, and 2 freshman on our 2 deep defense. how many different defenses have we been involed in the last 5-6 years? Again this is the 2nd season with the same system, how can we expect great results?

I'm sure a lot of you have had teams in high school that were going through a rebuilding stage, I went through a lot of them in high school, just think of this team as having a bunch of sophomores playing, they are going to make mistakes but they have shown flashes of brilliance. More than last year, but still not enough to get us over the top. If we beat Kansas state this weekend and make it to a bowl, I will be satisfied. Why?, I remember when I was in high school going through my frosh through senior year. I shouldn't have qualified as a freshman, I got beat first round, had a couple breaks and won in the last 20 seconds over Tatro, a kid at the time that was better than I was. I went to state and got pounded on. Last year the Husker football team shouldn't have qualified for a bowl, we weren't that good of a team. Maybe if they had a couple breaks go for them they would have gone bowling, but Nebraska is having expectations that this team can't make! Next year we will have a better team, and the year after, and the year after, and we will BUILD ourselves back into a powerhouse. That's why I say I will be happy with a Kansas State win and a bowl bid, I didn't expect the huskers to win more than 6 games, if they do, HELL YEAH, Callahan has them going in the right direction. Put things into perspective everybody, a wrestler doesn't become a champion in 2 years!

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Maybe I'll do a show where I talk about Nebraska football and set everyone straight on what the real problems with the program are now.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
HB I would welcome your take on the problem, I have my own views but welcome to hear others.
Novice
Ahhhh the good old Nebraska fan…both an epitome of being biased and short sighted. What Bill has inherited is a team of inferior athletes that can not play at the Division I level. If this was Frankie’s team, they would not have won those close games and would be more like 3 wins for the season.

Let’s talk about people who really understand football, not the Nebraska, biased, fan. How about the country’s Athletic Directors, they must know something…the same ones that after Frankie was fired let him sit on sidelines before offering him the coveted Army and Ohio University positions. One of which he turned down. Now he is back home where he belongs. In Ohio, with a program that will not get to a bowl ever. The MAC is tough for a second tier league and it is a pass first, second, third, fourth, fifth and run last league. It is not by coincidence that nobody offered him a job. He lacks the ability to recruit top notch athletes and run a program that is balanced top to bottom and compete for a national title. At Ohio, he can use the excuse that they are small time and can not get the great athlete. People will eat it up and his second level coaching staff can all claim success their fame living on the coat tails of the congressman from Nebraska.

Let’s examine Frank’s record at Nebraska. He follows in a legend’s footsteps. But Osborn only became a legend after a two year run in which he was able to recruit top level athletes. WE can argue how he got them, because for years he was terrible as a coach and all these great Nebraska fans wanted him fired. Anyone could have been 9-2 in the little 8! That was the worst football conference in the country. SO it took Tom 23 years, he had the benefit of the little 8, and the option was a cute gimmick until the athletes got better and coaches defended the corner! For about 5 years he could walk into a top recruit’s house and get him to come to the Corn Cob state. He only needed those 15 difference makers and he could get them. The old tired coaches that he had on his staff did not go out and recruit could not get it done. Frankie’s mistake was that he kept those old tired coaches. Then when he failed, he showed his true character, other wise know as CYA and let them go to bring in some young talent. But of course he still could not develop an offensive scheme that was new age. i.e. no option, 3 runs and out, can’t come from behind passing game. Because of this he was not able to convince the people he could build a program and compete now in the formidable Big 12.

So for all of you back stabbing, unknowledgeable, rose colored glasses, know it alls, be patient. Coach Callahan will bring the program back to its glory days and compete annually for a title! He is on the right path, he just has to get the rest of the leftovers out of his program and bring in the top level recruits like he is doing! Just ask the real football experts in the country…Nebraska is on the right path now that the option legacy and Frankie are gone!

World Champion
Picture of HB
I hope that was all sarcasm.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
Wrasslin I don't agree with you often but your post is my sentiments as well. Do people think that Okie State is the top wrestling school in the country by settling on 2nd tier wrestlers, no they go after the very best and the ones that fit Smith's style.
Junior High
Picture of Cyclone
Lucky FR will be a Heisman trophy finalist

Murtha RFR will be a 1st round pick in the 2009 NFL Draft

Suh FR will be a 1-3 round pick

Beck - Freeman will take over the starting qb next year. It might not be the 1st game of the year but look for it to happen soon next year.
Rookie
Picture of superman_130
I have to strongly disagree siding w/ Coach Callahan's decision makings. I'm a Husker fan at heart and i can't watch another second of Callahan's decision makings as a head coach, tear this state down. "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters," quoted by one of the most influential and all-time greatest coaches of college football...Paul Bear Bryant. To me, this is NU's greatest problems...which is prep. Callahan's coaching decisions are extremely terrible in my opinion and probably 90% of the state of Nebraska. When you decide to throw for a touchdown on the one yard line three times in a row is unbelievable, and i reiterate that was either the Pitts or Wake game which i watched first hand experience from the crowd. I still remember last year's game where we lost against Southern Miss at home! I mean, i was at that game, and better coaching could of one that game for us in so many ways. I don't care who you are as a coach...anybody could of went 10-10 in two seasons as a coach for nebraska and that's including the two wins he had over Double A schools (northern iowa, maine). And do you know...Maine defeated William Penn the next week after they lost to us in a game where it was O in the first quarter and final 25-7..and William Penn is school in practically the same league level as a GPAC coference team in nebraska like Midland College football team and won 28-0! i mean come on...how can u let a guy keep coaching if he ends all of our record streaks or good records. For examples: the consecutive bowl appearance record, rushing negative as a net total in a single game..first time in school history, single season losing record in like 30+ years, kansas winning streak 30+ years!, etc. I'm not one to critize and be unpatient but give me a break. I'm not going to write about how this guy is going to eventually turn this program in a winning team in five years...geez. Steve Spurrier turn a crapy South Carolina team around in a single season to 6-3! from a previous losing season and lets not leave out Charlie Weis who turned an Irish team into a dominating offense and defense into one of the top tems in thee Nation! No sir..it is not our players fault for losing...it's his and i don't want to leave out his buddy Steve Peterson who destroyed the tradition in Nebraska football also. Some minor sidenotes...do you realize the only reason why Callahan went to the Super Bowl w/ the Raiders...because he had a team built by Jon Gruden and when Steve Peterson left his old job as Pittsburgh A.D., they won more football games and went to a BCS game in December. So look at my facts and opinions on why one shouldn't side with Callahan for he's ruining every young boys dreams of running the power I at the nebraska and being coached by a person connected to the tradition so it can accel through the years to come...GO BIG RED.
Rookie
Someone made the obervation the other day, "Remember when we thought 9-3 was a bad record?" There was a quote in the LJS yesterday which roughly said, "I will not let the NU football program fall into mediocrity." That was Steve Pederson. I wonder what his definition of mediocrity is...
Novice
Picture of Red Dawg
I don't necessarily like the west coast offense over our old smash mouth but I think Callahan deserves a little more time.
BUT... did you hear Criag James and Aaron Taylor totally rip Nebraska on national television. They made comments like "wasn't it a great move to fire Solich who only won 75% of his games?" etc...
I am afraid this is only going to get worse!!!!
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
While I would probably tend to agree that Bill Callahan knows the game of football (don't know why I'm making that assumption, but I suppose I hope it's true......) it is becoming evident that he and his coaching staff is having a difficult time motivating these players. How you fail to motivate your kids to play against Kansas (a real hornet's next in Lawrence, you know) which in turn would ensure a winning season and a bowl birth, is beyond me. They showed absolutey no fight or interest to play. That is all coaching. I think we have a football genius who can't coach, we've all had those types of teachers and coaches before.

Sipple had an interesting piece as well about Steve-I-must-always-talk-through-my-teeth-when-
I-lie-which-is-all-the-time-Pederson, and Sipple witnessed him a couple of years ago laughing it up when NU was getting throttled by KSU. The next game, when NU beat Colorado in Boulder, he was nowhere to be found. I do sympathize with coach C., however, that it is very difficult to show integrity, honesty, and intensity when the person for whom you work does not possess those same qualities.

Keep cheering on those kids. I think they're trying, but they just have no coaching leadership to speak of. I hope the staff can get it all turned around, but to this point, there's been no improvement. In fact, they continue to get worse.
Junior High
Picture of pick125
It's not up to the coaches to get their athletes up for games.......if as a college athlete you don't get up for competitions, especially as a husker athlete, then the problems lies completely within themselves. I can only blame so many things on the coaching staff, but when it comes to execution and intensity I put the blame squarely on the athletes shoulders.

I do blame the coaches on the false starts though, I blame them because they kept playing Murtha who was obviously struggling......and it's beyond me that they don't switch Evwaraye to left tackle....and PROTECT Taylor's blindside.

I don't blame the coaches on the slips, and the poor tackling. I can't blame the coaches for running the ball and not getting yards. There is a reason why we don't run the ball with authority......because we don't have the line to do it yet! We pass because we have to pass.

We can have all the 5 star running backs and quarterbacks in the world....but if we don't have a solid line it doesn't matter. Just FYI, I can't say enough about how well our offensive line is playing under the circumstances, many of these guys were recruited to play a run based offense, now they are being asked to do something completley different!

I say give Callahan and Company 2 years, next year we play a tough tough schedule. (even though I do believe next year we can beat a depleted and young usc offense, and we can certainly beat Texas at home next year. I predict for next year we win won of those games. I also believe we will win at K-state, lose against Colorado, and go bowling this year! Go Huskers, regardless of how well you guys do I will support.

The result is not how a man should be measured, the means at which he gets there is what matters.

World Champion
Picture of HB
Getting much closer to the truth now. I think the more realistic we all are about the situation, the sooner we can start moving forward and fix the program. Pederson bet the program on this staff and he lost.
Novice
The funny part about the “Husker Nation” is that “They” believe that “They” can fix the problem. That is laughable! This is not about the fans, but about the coaches, athletes, and administrators at the University. Examine the premise of what you all are upset about. The Huskers are not going to go undefeated and win the national title this year. In fact, right now there are only 4 teams that have a realistic chance at winning it all. A nice prize in the cycle of things! What is important is that the Huskers are building and going in the right direction. That being said, how do you define the right direction? Is it like when Osborn was head coach and he sold his soul to allow Phillips, Peters, and others do what they wanted and still be on the team…we do have to win it all you know! Or is it like what other coaches across the country have done to win it all as well. Pete Carroll is doing it right at USC. Clean program that is building quality student athletes. Leinart comes back, not because of his need to win another title or Heisman, he is back to finish his degree and pay back the university for what it has done for him!

Athletics as the HS and College level is not about the Championships, it is about building young men to be productive members of society. Developing relationships that last a lifetime. Competing to improve all aspects of our team. In the end, we all chase the Championship, but it is not what defines us. If the Championship is all that is important, why is it then that in wrestling we do not name one champion in the entire state? NO we have 4 per weight class. Does it water down our accomplishment? No, in fact, we have 56 kids each year that can claim for a lifetime that they are a state champ. In the end, what you really remember are memories of your career. The practices, the road trips, the friendships, not the championship. That is just icing…and some would argue not necessary for what you really gain in the experience!

So enjoy the team and what Callahan is trying to build. There is no doubt about his character and what he stands for. He will hold his team accountable to a higher standard and build a quality program that had began to lose its focus and tradition. There is a new era in college football. The glory days of playing a pansy schedule and being a popular coach in the college polls won’t win you a title! You have to be grateful when a title does come, but I for one will continue to support the program, coaches and kids. Win or lose. I for sure know that they do not call good ol’ wrasslin or any of my neighbors to help make those decisions! And if you think you can change the program with your ideals, go and get a job at the university and we will support you as well. Until then…GO HUSKERS!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
So many flaws in your logic...where to begin?

First -- let's start with the fact that, yes, Husker fans CAN fix the problem. Of all the traditions and streaks that have fallen by the wayside during the Pederson Regime, one still remains -- the string of consecutive sellouts at Memorial Stadium.

There are 76,000-plus people in this state who can easily show their dissatisfaction with Pederson, Callahan and the direction of the Husker football program by not renewing their season tickets. Granted, there is a long line of individuals who have been waiting for tickets to become available, but how many of them are chomping at the bit to throw down $1K to watch a team careening toward perennial mediocrity?

There is another way fans can affect the situation, and that is in donations for the new complex being built on the North Stadium. Pederson is trying to raise $50 million for the facility -- almost 2 years into the effort, he hasn't raised half of that amount. If Solich were still here and the team was still going 8-3 or 9-2 each season, how much closer would Pederson be to reaching that goal right now? The simple answer . . . a lot closer than you are willing to publicly acknowledge.

Second -- believe it or not, Husker fans base their opinion on the success of the football program more by its wins or losses than the kind of character the program builds in its players. Is it right? Not neccessarily -- you can argue for and against the Lawrence Phillips saga ad infinitum, but Osborne maintains to this day that his reinstatement of Phillips was not influenced by team's run for a second straight national title. Honestly -- Phillips' impact in Nebraska's demolition of the pass-happy (coincidence?) Florida team was not all that big. Take Phillips' production away, and Nebraska still wins comfortably.

Husker fans have become horribly jaded (and I should know, I've been one all my life) because of the win-loss record of the team under Osborne, Devaney and -- yes -- Solich. We've experienced over two generations worth of success, so these back-to-back 5-6 seasons (assuming losses to KSU and CU in the coming weeks, which are almost a certainty right now) are very hard to accept. But the bottom line is that, since this is the only major college football program in the state, we expect consistent success from the Huskers. While winning a national title every year is unrealistic, we do expect the team to at least be in the hunt each year. Right now, the only thing we're in the hunt for is fifth place in the Allegedly-Big 12 North.

Finally -- we were told this was a new era in college football years ago. The option offense was old and tired, we were told as early as the mid 80's. And yet, Nebraska was constantly in the top 10 running this old, tired offense. Defensive schemes have changed over the years, and Osborne found the magic bullet in the early 90's that helped take Nebraska over the top three times in his last four years. Even under Solich, the offensive scheme was old and tired -- according to the experts -- and yet we were among the nation's best (with the exception of that 7-7 nightmare) each year.

After two years, it is clearly evident that the hiring of Steve Pederson as athletic director was a horrible mistake, one that has not only set the football program back over 40 years to its pre-Devaney days of mediocrity, but may very well have long-term impacts on the entire UNL athletic program. The UNL Board of Regents needs to step in and immediately fire Pederson and Callahan and put people in those positions who understand the tradition and the heart of what Nebraska Cornhusker athletics in general, and football specifically, is all about.

I feel bad for the kids who are caught in the middle of this, and my criticism of the Husker football program is not directed at them. They are making lemonade out of lemons (the last two seasons) the best that they can with the second-rate tools (coaching and administrative buffoons) they have available.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
Oh yes…another Husker fan that goes to maybe 1 game every three years talking about changing the dynamic of the stands. It would go a long long ways if about 30,000 of those fans would turn in their tickets and bring in some new exciting fans! Memorial stadium does not afford a home advantage. I have never been in a stadium in my life that is as quiet as Nebraska is with 75, 000 fans all yelling. Maybe it is that some of these folks have a voice problem or are just too old to speak up louder than a whisper. There are not enough youngsters in those stands…I am talking about little kids all the way into their 50’s. We have plenty of AARP members. While their money is great, we need their vocal support to change the atmosphere of the battle field!

You are assuming that if Frankie was still here he would be winning 9 games…wrong! That is a physical impossibility with the athletes he was recruiting. This mess is his…all his and you are the one that will not admit that! You probably are a charter member of the Nebraskans for Ohio. Tim, you, and the others that feel that Pederson and Callahan are failures should fire up your hater nation bus and go out to Ohio and cheer on his new losing squad! He can recruit in the MAC…but again he will not be successful. His inability to pass and play good defense will make his new team a bottom feeder as well!

Jaded is a good word to describe what you have become…it is feasible to see why. Husker fans are used to playing the sisters of the poor (Little 8) and a bunch of Creighton football teams in the preseason and running up their records. Opps…times have changed. Time to circle those corn picker wagons and realize that with the limited scholarships now in college football teams can not load up on talent and expect to win it each year. In fact, if Nebraska had been in the Big 10 for the past 40 years, it could be argued they would not have won any National titles. That is a tough conference that has some depth. Now the Big 12 south is similar in statue to the Big 10, Nebraska is in a world of hurt. They will not win another league title until Callahan gets his guys in place. And even then it will only be a title every couple of years!

You are right not to blame the athletes that are left over from Frankie. They should be glad to be playing at Nebraska U. when in reality they should have been at UNO or any other fine Division II program! Callahan is getting players in. Look at all the National Recruiting class rankings over the last couple of years. Frankie could not lay any claim to that while recruiting DII athletes.

You don’t have to love Pederson but he is moving in the right direction. Money is tight all over the place. People are spending their funds to support displaced families in the south, not build bigger athletic complexes. It will get built in time. Maybe all the wrestling coaches could donate a few bucks and some time to build that wrestler’s home that was destroyed in Lincoln a couple of weeks ago and while we are down there, we could volunteer some time to hold the boot up on O street for the athletic complex.
Rookie
quote:
Athletics as the HS and College level is not about the Championships, it is about building young men to be productive members of society. Developing relationships that last a lifetime. Competing to improve all aspects of our team.

I have read many of Wrasslin's prior posts for amusement and while not agreeing with his tactics, I have agreed with many of his thoughts and suggestions. However, after reading his last rants about Callahan's superior coaching ability and his returning Nebraska to a national powerhouse, I find his posts laughable.
The quote above is from Wrasslin and I couldn't agree with it more. I have a son who plays college football and team unity and the building of "family" is of utmost importance. Has Callahan accomplished that? I personally don't think so, at least not the same way Devaney, Osbourne or Solich did. In talking to several of the NU players, I get the impression that the open door to the head coach is no longer available.
Callahan was hired by Pederson after a number of turn-downs if I remember correctly. Does that make him the best man for the job? I don't think so. After he was hired, he immediately implemented "his" west coast offense. Why? Was that the best course of action for Nebraska or was that the only offense he understood? The option offense worked for Nebraska because the players and coaches made it work. In my opinion, if a new coach should come in, he should begin by implement his coaching style and philosophies and slowly start to introduce his offense and defense. But you have to coach to the strengths of the team. I feel Callahan has done more to hurt Nebraska's recuiting down the road than to help it. And someone answer me this. When has Nebraska ever recruited a huge number of "blue-chippers"? True, Nebraska would pick-up a couple here and there, but it was mostly good players who were molded into great players once they came to Nebraska.
I, for one, believe Solich is a great coach and should still be at Nebraska.
As far as Wrasslin goes, keep your thoughts on wrestling, at least some of those are logical.
Novice
Thanks for the backhanded compliment there Pioneer fan. I want to remain positive and not attack individuals. But this debate on Nebraska football is interesting...so far it is going well, I can't wait for some more discussion that is full of home cooking and less objectivity!
Rookie
Picture of superman_130
i'm afraid w/ the new seating expansion at Memorial Stadium, might make it harder to keep the consecutive sellout record because the lack of winning and the price of admission for a ticket is like 45 dollars!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Bulldog
So under some of your logic Pete Carroll and Mike Garrett should have been canned at USC. Mike Garrett the USC athletic director searched and searched and ended up with his 5th choice for Head Coach in Pete Carroll. Pete went 11-12 in his first two years at USC and the alumni and boosters were calling for heads to roll, well let's see now two National Titles, Two Heisman Trophy winners with the 3rd in both of those area's very realistic do you think they made the right choice? Frank was never the answer for our football program he won because of Tom Osbornes recruits plain and simple. We are playing with his recruits right now and you can see the results on the field. I know the players are trying hard but they are not championship caliber. Last years recruits are studs and we will have another good recruiting class this year. Bash SP all you want to but the coaches at the U like Steve and he is trying to build every program into a champion. Bill Byrne left this University high and dry as our facilities are completely outdated and if you want to compete with Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma you need to spend with them as well. When we get done with our expansion we will still only be the 4th best facilities in the conference we need to do more.