Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    More useless trivia...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More useless trivia... Login/Join

Junior High
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Yeah, I know pumpkinball is over, but here's my favorite piece of trivia, and the answer will probably be easier to find..

Which NCAA men's basketball program has the best winning percentage of the 1990's?

Here's your hint - It's not Duke, Kentucky or Kansas, better yet... It's not a D-I program.

Bonus - Who was the coach?
State Qualifier
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I'm going to take a stab at University of Wisconsin-Platteville, coached by Uncle Bo (no relation) Ryan.
State Qualifier
Come on anarchist, give us the answer. Don't horde that vast wealth of knowledge. You can't take it with you and I think congress is working on a plan to tax it.
Junior High
With a record of 226-26, 9 consecutive NCAA Division-III appearances, 4 D-III titles and two undefeated seasons, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville Pioneers Men's program was the most prolific team of the 1990's.

Head coach was none other than Bo Ryan, currently with the Wisconsin Badgers.

This is my alma mater... I remember in the early 80's when the men's team was so bad the pep band cheered for the other school on fast breaks.
Junior High
Now, Name the first D-II program to win a D-I level tournament.
Rookie
Picture of jbowers1
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
University of Alaska Fairbanks was the first D-2 school to win a D-1 Tournament
Junior High
Defeating Wisconsin-Green Bay, Nebraska, and Weber State (Utah), yes the University of Alaska-Fairbanks Nanooks became the first Division II team to win a D-I men's basketball tournament.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by anarchist:
Defeating Wisconsin-Green Bay, Nebraska, and Weber State (Utah), yes the University of Alaska-Fairbanks Nanooks became the first Division II team to win a D-I men's basketball tournament.

In 1975-80 (I usually remember things by where I was living at the time) the University of Virginia was the number 1 ranked basketball team. They went to a tournament in Hawaii and got knocked off by an NAIA team. I think it was something like Chamanade College. The guy I ran with in the mornings was a big college BB fan and talked about it for a week. I think it was in the finals so an NAIA team would have won a D1 tournament.