Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Texas Tech Scores this Week?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Tech Scores this Week? Login/Join

Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I think we'll have to score close to 30 to win this game.

I'm saying...

NU 31
TT 21
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
My guess is, NU 35 TT 34, TT throws for 300, NU throws for 250, TT rushes for 57 yard, NU rushes for 175 Yards, NU defense, 5 sacks, TT defense allows 400 + yards, 1 sack.

The Stat Boy

Rookie
Nice prediction.
Hate to be a downer but TT-52, NEB-31.
Husker offense just isnt ready. Even after a good performance against ISU. The only way I think they can win is 1 turnover AT MOST. and another 400 yard performance by Taylor. Either that or a 200+ game by Ross.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Guys, guys, guys...don't get all hot and bothered about the big numbers put up this past Saturday.

Consider the following...
-- Nebraska's offense scored 27 points -- 14 in overtime.
-- Of the over-500 yards in total offense, 50 came in overtime when they scored 14 points. The remaining yards gained resulted in 13 points.
-- Iowa State's offense, by comparison, is nowhere near as potent as Texas Tech, which rang up 70 on the Huskers last year.

Any myopic hopes of running the table and going 13-0 are quickly and brutally put in its proper place...

Red Raiders 48, Huskers 17

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
The only thing that I see rolling right now for the huskers is confidence. And that alone cant beat TT.
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
Our Defense will need to create some things and the offense will have to respond to those, but...

If we can get 7-8 sacks(including many hurries)
Create 2-3 turn-overs (and respond off them)

Points in the red-zone (which I think the monkey is off our back thanks to the OT w/ Ist)

We definitely win this game.. I personally don't see TTU scoring more than Three touchdowns against our Defense (unless something really goes wrong) And

Our defense is fully capable of delivering the above mentioned..
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Kalhoun...with all due respect, which Nebraska offense are you talking about???

Is this the same offense that racked up over 400 yards of offense, yet scored 13 points??? Scoring two TD's in overtime hardly builds any confidence in an offensive scheme that is trying to plug round holes with square pegs.

Don't read a whole lot into what we did in OT. Scoring two touchdowns from 25 yards out is a whole lot different than driving the ball 60, 70 or 80 yards for a score, which would be a welcome change.

I'm as big a Husker fan as anybody, and I hope I'm wrong here, but right now I see us winning two more games, four at the very most...and this one isn't one of them.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
I think some people are way too impressed with Texas Tech's offense, if you ask me. The best team they've played so far is Kansas, and they scored one touchdown in that game by recovering a fumble in the endzone. Their non-conference schedule is pathetic Fla. Intl., Sam Houston St. (Div 1-AA), and Indiana St. (Div 1-AA). No wonder they've racked up so many yards. I would bet they haven't experienced a real defense yet, and Nebraska seems to have at least that. I think Tech will have a more difficult time than people think, but it'll still be close.....

NU 27
Tech 24
Junior High
Kansas held TT to 30 points. I'm looking for the Husker 'D' to do the same...

TT has the air game, and by the numbers, beats NE offensively by nearly 270 yard a game (602 - 337), and can get the ball in the end zone.. Defensively, they're pretty evenly matched.

It's great when the 'D' puts points on the board, but when they are scoring as much, if not more than the offense... Well, that just says something.

Unfortunately, the only statistic that counts is the score at the end of the game. TT 35, NU 17.

I'll give credit where credit is due... They are 4-0, they should be at best 2-2
Novice
Picture of Red Dawg
I doubt if anyone will be able to run up the score on NU this year. NU's defense will keep them in the game against most oncomers. But can we outscore a decent team, NU had its best offensive show against ISU and got 13 points.
I hate to say it but Tech 17 NU 10!
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Gets the ball in the endzone against really good high school teams.

If they beat NU on Saturday, I'll be a believer, but until they play someone other than Bahner's College of Hairstyling, it's hard to be too impressed with their offensive numbers. I realize Nebraska doesn't play the toughest schedule, either, but please don't get too excited about Tech scoring 80 on Sam Houston St. I think NU should win, but wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. Either way, Go Huskers!
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
My only respnse is....Green. They will pick this poor kid apart with the passing game. What little running game they have we will shut down, but green couldn't stop a 1 yard pass if he was standing between the quater back and the wide reciever.

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
The way I see that OT is Red Zone practise. We were starting to move the ball, we just weren't finishing drives off with a TD.

I also don't look at it as whichoffense shows-up, rather the offense that puts more and more pieces of the "puzzle" together each week. (getting better and better)

Besides... This is the first year my oldest son is really getting into the huskers and it's hard not to get excited when that happens Wink
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
The best thing about the overtime last week was that I think we finally realized that we could actually score TD's when we got that close. That was the biggest factor. Agree, Green has to vastly improve his coverage, or Bowman has to play most of the game. I realize TT was mostly doing their damage against 1AA teams, but they are still potent. If, and that's a big if, NU's offense continues to build, then I would say NU in a squeeker. Man, my ears are still ringing from the crowd yelling last week!
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
Unfortunately, I only make it to maybe 1 game a year, if that.

We have a Bar&Grill called Joe Sensors and it's definitely the next best then to being there. Very loud, even have a small band playing the school/fight songs..
Junior Varsity
If we are going to win this one it is probably going to be a shootout and that is not good. If I remember the Texas Tech offense they run a lot of shotgun and get the ball out quick which means we will not be getting many sacks in this game and our linebackers are going to need to cover along with Tierre Green but I think he is a lost cause. He may be bigger and faster than me, but I don't remember getting beat as many time as he did in high school. It makes me sick to watch. Also, Mr. Cosgrove if you are listening please do not man up Bradley, McKeon, or Ruud on any Tech receivers. They will get burned. This is the game I am going to this year so I hope it is a good one. Congdon with the 42 yard field goal to win it at the buzzer Huskers 34-31.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Kansas' D-Line is weaker than ours, and they got five sacks on T-Tech. That game was AT Lubbock, too. They have a QB (Hodges) who has NEVER started a game on the road before. Yes, our cover corners could be a problem for us, but McKeon ran down one of Iowa state's best receivers last weekend, and has a 4.5 in the 40. I like his chances against some of Tech's TEs. Huskers by a TD.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
Lance, in order to win by a TD we have to make them first. We also need a kicker that can put a 25 yarder through the uprights so we have a three point play. That is where we lack, the opportunity to score, and our defense hasn't scored in the last 2 games, so that is a bit of a cause for an alarm. I think our defense can hang with about any team in the country, my only concern is Green and the amount of time the black shirts are on the field.

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
Before Iowa State, no one thought we could even throw for 200 yards a game. We more than doubled that, against the best defense we've played this year, and we FINALLY decided to throw the screen pass out of the backfield. We are finally starting to actually see some progress on a weekly basis now.

I've heard people say that "we have to run the ball this week and control the clock". That's really not true, because with Tech's short passing game, they've had scoring drives last year and this year that would be like ten plays, and 1:30 off the clock.

In this game, time of possession means nothing, down and distance means nothing, and total yards means nothing. Only the final score matters. I think NU has made enough improvements offensively and will bring enough heat on Cody Hodges to win the game. We have the ability and talent to do this, now we just have to execute.