Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Woodhead/Chadron
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woodhead/Chadron Login/Join

State Champion
Picture of deano
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
If you haven't seen Danny Woodhead and the Eagles play and are within three hours of chadron or so you should really make a trip to chadrock and check out this electric talent and very good fball team. Danny Woodhead is quite possibly the best rb in nebraska regardless of division. I honestly believe he is the best running back in the state, and he is a homegrown talent.
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
AIM: Online Status For Spartan69ALM04
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Probably 5th string at NU but a very good IB nonetheless
State Champion
Picture of deano
it is something that can be argued till you are blue in the face, but he is very good and very easily could start at NU if he wasn't looked over. After next year, I have no doubt in my mind that he will be drafted and make an NFL team. Top 2 in nebraska him and bjax. Then Lucky a close third, S0404 I'm sure you haven't ever gotten a chance to see him play, but Montana State's coaching staff who plays D1 teams every year even said that he is the best collegiate running back he has seen in recent years, which is what many DII coaches are saying now, BTW he is the odds on fav to win the Harlon Hill award this year, DII equal to the Heisman.

Peace

Deano
Junior Varsity
Picture of S0404
AIM: Online Status For Spartan69ALM04
quote:
Originally posted by deano:
it is something that can be argued till you are blue in the face, but he is very good and very easily could start at NU if he wasn't looked over. After next year, I have no doubt in my mind that he will be drafted and make an NFL team. Top 2 in nebraska him and bjax. Then Lucky a close third, S0404 I'm sure you haven't ever gotten a chance to see him play, but Montana State's coaching staff who plays D1 teams every year even said that he is the best collegiate running back he has seen in recent years, which is what many DII coaches are saying now, BTW he is the odds on fav to win the Harlon Hill award this year, DII equal to the Heisman.

Peace

Deano

I actually seen him play a few times on the highschool level, and he's a very explosive, smaller than average back....

I don't think he'll be drafted in the NFL, Way to small for passblocking and to take the week in and week out beating and I just don't see him having Barry Sanders qualities to get around that...

I'll stick to my 5th string at NU, and lower end BCS conference back....

Could probably be one hell of a player up in the CFL though, seems like a prototypical runningback for the systems with his hands and speed....
Novice
I DISAGREE SO404, I HAVE NOT SEEN HIM ACTUALLY PLAY BUT ANYONE WHO ROLES OFF THE YARDAGE THIS YOUNG MAN DOES IS DEFINITELY A FORCE TO RECKON WITH. woot
Rookie
I would argue that any back who sets the ALL TIME season yardarge record for ALL DIVISIONS (think about what that means for a second) could find some playing time at Nebraska. Even at the DII level, Woodhead has surpassed many players who went on to have great careers in the NFL. I don't think it is unreasonable that he could be a mid-round draft choice after his college career, and do well in the pros.
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
Anybody have any info on whether the playoff games are televised or streamed on the computer?

Would be fun to see what you're all talking about.
Junior Varsity
Picture of 4Huskers
This is off the Northwest Missouri State web site:

Radio: KXCV (90.5 FM, Maryville), KRNW (88.9 FM, Chillicothe), KNIM (580 AM, 97.1 FM, Maryville), KAAN (95.5 FM, Bethany), KCXL (40 AM, Liberty), KCTO (60AM, K.C.), KSFT (550 AM, St. Joseph)
Internet Broadcast & Live Stats: www.NorthwestBearcats.com / www.knimmaryville.com/
State Champion
Picture of deano
you can also listen to it on double q country the only way I know how to get there is to go to csc.edu then click on fball then the live stream. Should be a great game. Hopefully the eagles can pull out a win nw miss hasn't allowed a 100 yd rusher all season so should be a great showdown!!

Peace

Deano
Novice
Ah, Deano; you know he's nothing but a 5th stringer---what's the fuss?
Wink
World Champion
Picture of NWI
irresistible force vs. immovable object kind of matchup - should be interesting

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Novice
POINT MADE.....WOODHEAD WINS THE HIESMAN OF D2 IN A LANDSLIDE. THERE REALLY SHOULD BE NO DOUBT THAT HE WOULD BE A STARTER FOR NEBRASKA OR AT LEAST #2 ON THE ROSTER. woot
Novice
quote:
Originally posted by S0404:
quote:
Originally posted by deano:

Peace

Deano

I actually seen him play a few times on the highschool level, and he's a very explosive, smaller than average back....

I don't think he'll be drafted in the NFL, Way to small for passblocking and to take the week in and week out beating and I just don't see him having Barry Sanders qualities to get around that...

I'll stick to my 5th string at NU, and lower end BCS conference back....

Could probably be one hell of a player up in the CFL though, seems like a prototypical runningback for the systems with his hands and speed....

I have seen him play on the High School level and College Level...

At the College level his freshman year he took the starting position away from Travis Covey and Nathan Leiss who were Seniors at the time.

As for not being drafted into the NFL, take a look at Don Beebe...he played for Chadron State College, he is small and correct me please if I am wrong, but I believe he played in the NFL.

Danny is quick, explosive, has the footwork, can change up at the right moment and can turn on a dime and he has the speed. Danny always gives the credit to the other players on the line with him. He knows that without them he wouldn't be where he is today. Danny is a very talented and gifted athlete.

I am anxious to see where he ends up after his College Career...