Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Freeman De-Commits
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freeman De-Commits Login/Join

Varsity Letterman
Picture of Lance Stallion
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
A Kansas City TV station reported tonight that four-star QB prospect Josh Freeman has de-committed form Nebraska and switched his commitment to Kansas State. Well, I guess he saw it was either sit behind taylor and Beck until his junior year, play tight end for NU, or go to Mudville and start right off the bat. Best of Luck to him...he'll need it next year.

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
There's several reasons I can think that we are better off without this kid-for one he seems to be afraid of competition, even openly admitting it scared him off. Secondly, he and his family are bush league-Josh lies through his teeth to Nebraska and jerks them around for months and then text messages the coaching staff to let them know of the decommit. His dad is a real piece of work-he was the one that was behind all this because he didn't want JF to go to Nebraska. Third, if he's really stupid enough to go to a dump like Manhattan, then he's not smart enough to run Callahan's offense. Nebraska will survive and we will not lose to K State as long as JF plays football there.
Novice
Picture of Kalhoun
Well, we definitely aren't hurting from his decommit...

He was heavily recruited by Ron Prince, now HC @ K.St. He doesn't want to Redshirt. Prince will give him opportunities that NU won't (his perspective)
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Freeman will have to compete with Alan Webb, Allen Everidge, and Dusty Meier just to get on the field there. I know those aren't household names, but they all have started games there at K-State. I have also heard that they had a redshirt QB that was just as good or better than the three previously mentioned. Freeman needs to grow up. Whatever, Nebraska will just get someone to replace him.

Chad Mattox
Varsity Letterman
HB, do you have a membership to Red Sea Scrolls? I read a lot of the same stuff last night.
State Champion
Picture of deano
HB lets get one thing straight Manhappiness is not a dump, in actuallity the town and campus are beautiful and us K-State fans r happy to have him Wink

Peace

Deano
Varsity Letterman
One good thing for K-State: It keeps them from pursuing five-star JUCO QB Brett Schaeffer. Brett got kicked out of school at Tennessee for God's sake, and that place has become Thug U. the past few years.

One bad thing for K-State: One of the reasons NU was so high on Freeman was that they admitted all along that Freeman was a "project" and that if he had at least two years to work in the system he would do great. But now he's going to KSU, and because he's so physically gifted he will be their starting QB, and get thrown to the wolves as an 18-year old. Everything I have read said this kid is not ready to be starting as an 18-year old.

I guess we'll all see how this plays out...

Worse than the Freeman decommit was word today that JUCO defensive end Rulon Davis decommited from the Huskers and signed with California. He very easily could've been starting for us next season.

As for what Deano said, I've been to Manhattan a few times. One time was after NU had gotten beat by Texas A&M and K-State had beaten Colorado in a nail-biter. The K-State fans I talked to in Aggieville that night were sympathetic and we had a great time. If you go looking for trouble, you will inevitably find it...

World Champion
Picture of HB
Manhattan is a dump and there's no other way to put it. They couldn't even sell out the stadium for Bill Snyder's last home game. I hope you're happy with Freeman-the kid and his father have an agenda and it doesn't involve anything other than their own interests. Freeman could be a good QB in time but he is a major project that is two years away from being ready to play D-1 football. I am glad this came up now rather than later because this kid is nothing more than Bobby Newcombe and a handful of headaches.
State Champion
Picture of deano
Manhappiness= beautiful

Lincoln= Dump

I am talking about towns not programs
Rookie
Picture of St.Nick
This is great news now there is money freed up to go get someone to block for a QB, the need is not at QB the problem lys with the Hogmollies up front!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
From all accounts, Freeman sounds like the pitching coach's assessment of the young rookie pitching prospect in "Bull Durham" -- a million-dollar arm with a 5-cent head.

Better he be in Manhattan than in Lincoln, I always say.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Varsity Letterman
From some of the things I've been reading the past few days, it sounds like the Nebraska coaches told Freeman he would be given the chance to compete for playing time this fall, but if it looked like he'd be third string or lower, then they wanted him to redshirt.

Because NU recruited Zac Taylor as well, Freeman was under the impression that Beck wasn't all everyone expected of him, and that come the fall of 2006 he would be able to beat out both Beck and Taylor.

From the sounds of things though, Beck has had a great fall camp and an even better set of practices since the Colorado game. So good, in fact, that Beck may play against Michigan at least a little bit no matter what the score is. Some player called Freeman and told him how well Beck was doing, and Freeman decided he would rather take his chances head to head with Evridge, Webb, and Company than Beck and Taylor.

It's also sounding more and more like Daddy Freeman could see some time on the coaching staff at KSU as well. Isn't that special...

quote:
Originally posted by Lance Stallion:
It's also sounding more and more like Daddy Freeman could see some time on the coaching staff at KSU as well. Isn't that special...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Rookie
Picture of Hodgen
quote:
Manhappiness= beautiful

Lincoln= Dump

I am talking about towns not programs

Then how come Lincoln has been ranked #1 college town in the US? its far from a dump

So many of our Dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we Summon the Will they seem inevitable!-- Christopher Reeves
BrEtT
Rookie
Then how come Lincoln has been ranked #1 college town in the US? its far from a dump[/QUOTE]

AMEN!!!
Junior High
Picture of NP Bulldogs
I have been to both places. Both are very nice.... I wish Josh and his Dad the best in the Little Big Apple, especially when he red shirts next year.