Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Two more years. Whew.....
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two more years. Whew..... Login/Join

Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
How many different things can I post to contradict this little message sent by braveheart? Oh let me see......

Liberals don't work for a living? Yep, that's the truth, none of us have jobs....Its interesting how democrats have usually backed the "working man", the little man throughout American history starting in the 1900's. Traditionally, its the conservatives or Republicans that have all the money, and Democrats or liberals are the ones sraping away trying to earn a living. I think its amazing how some of the "conservatives" on this board seem to forget that interesting set of circumstances.....

By the way I did think the message was funny but I just happen to be a liberal with a backbone.....

Chad Mattox
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Red Sox-
Hey, take it easy! Just one opinion. Besides, all of these people will be sending their social security checks to us!
World Champion
Picture of NWI
What I think many here don't realize is that NEITHER political party is what they like to think they are.

Both are fueled by greed and a lust for power...they care not one whit about you or I, the people who pay their salaries. It's all about how well they can line their pockets, whose butts they can kiss and who among their "friends" they can help out.

It doesn't matter which brush you paint them with -- they still are what they are, and we are stuck with paying the bills for their ongoing transgressions.

As conservatives got fat and happy during the Bush II era, so to did liberals during the Clinton regime. Now you can count on liberals doing to Bush as conservatives did to Clinton (although Clinton brought his downfall on himself) and the merry-go-round will keep on turnin'.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Well there you go.......I can agree with you today NWI, both political parties are not what they perceive themselves to be. I will go back to my previous statement that I'm glad in this country we have two different types of political thought and that anyone in this country can choose what they like. I guess that is something that I am thankful for especially around this time of year.

Chad Mattox
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter. The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, ABC & CNN show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food. America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green." Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake. Ted Kennedy & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Dan Rather that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
And, before a liberal jumps to the attack... I don't vote party, I vote based on what the person stands for.

I, like others alluded to... Republican, Democrat, Independent, Conservative, Liberal, Moderate - they are all basically crooks. Our political system is so tainted with corruption, it's sad. But, that being said... I wouldn't want to live in any other country.

I just like stirring the pot potstir with those that are such extremist - left or right.

"Don't Take Life Too Seriously... No One Gets Out Alive."
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Well I suppose I'll just fire back banter when I feel like the pot has been stirred enough....I guess all that matters is getting those football players ready for that dual against Millard South on thursday, I'm sure Braveheart and I can agree on that...... Funny

Chad Mattox
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
I guess all that matters is getting those football players ready for that dual against Millard South on thursday, I'm sure Braveheart and I can agree on that......

Boy, do I really have to agree with a liberal?

Sheeesh... putting me on the spot, Red Sox. BUT... I sure can't argue at all with that.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Wait a minute, Bravehart...there was ACTUALLY somebody worthy of voting on in the recent elections based on what they stand for???

Funny, but they all stand for so much, and yet we fall for anything...

Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
Wait a minute, Bravehart...there was ACTUALLY somebody worthy of voting on in the recent elections based on what they stand for???

NWI... and there in lies the rub. I didn't say I voted for every match-up in the election! There were some I refused to vote for either idiot. This was the worst election I can remember for the garbage that spewed across the TV... phone calls... mailers...

Politics sank to a new low this year in my opinion.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,
World Champion
Picture of NWI
I hear ya' -- and I'm sure glad a bunch of people didn't follow my lead...I would have been elected to the Senate, House of Reps, Governor, Metro Board of Governors, Sarpy County Board, Gretna City Council (Ward I), Millard School Board and Springfield dog catcher.

Fortunately...I lost all of those races, so now I can turn my efforts to my Presidential bid for 2008.

Novice
Picture of Red Dawg
Will there ever be a chance for integrity in our elected officials?

Does honesty and valor matter any more?

Is it all about winning?

If an honest politician comes along, will the voting public ever have a chance to know? Will the opposition just make up rumors and inuendo to destroy a good man/woman just to win?

What needs to happen?
World Champion
Picture of NWI
"Will there ever be a chance for integrity in our elected officials?"

There IS...but there's a better chance you could win the Powerball TWICE in the next week, too.

"Does honesty and valor matter any more?"

Not in Washington.

"Is it all about winning?"

Um...yes.

"If an honest politician comes along, will the voting public ever have a chance to know? Will the opposition just make up rumors and inuendo to destroy a good man/woman just to win?"

Only if the media ever gets around to the ceasing of publication of rumors and innuendo to sell papers/airtime.

"What needs to happen?"

Four words...second coming of Christ.

Rookie
It seems like every few months President Bush goes on TV and announces that he plans to have troops withdrawn from Iraq within the next 6 months and then another few months later he goes on TV and says the same thing. We've done our job in Iraq, lets stop with the excuses and lets get troops out of that worthless dump.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MS130,
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
potstir

Father-Daughter Talk

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and was very much in favor of the redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the addition of more government welfare programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?"

She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties, and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."

Her wise father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I have worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the Republican party."

Funny
World Champion
Picture of NWI
HILARIOUS, Bravehart.

And, oddly enough...dead-on accurate.

Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Oh you boys will never learn!!!! I almost came back with a comeback, but I figure that I do not want to tarnish the relationship with the father of a state title contender......Next year Braveheart!!!!

Chad Mattox

World Champion
Picture of HB
Is anyone here a huge fan of Michael Savage besides myself? He's about the only guy who gets it out there.
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
Too many conservatives on this board! Oh well that's why in our country we have two political parties I guess. Michael Savage????? That's about as conservative as it gets, but hey that's not all bad I suppose........

Chad Mattox
Junior High
Picture of PitBullJim
quote:
Is anyone here a huge fan of Michael Savage besides myself? He's about the only guy who gets it out there.

MichaelSavage.com

#1 Independent Talk Show in America...On Over 370 Stations...8 Million Listeners Weekly