Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Reality slaps me in the face....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reality slaps me in the face.... Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
So last night I'm driving my eight year old daughter home from CCD (a class that catholic children take in order to become eligible to receive certain sacraments), and this is the short but punch-you-in-the-stomach conversation we had:

Daughter: "There sure are a lot of McCain signs around here."

Me: "Yep."

Daughter: "I guess a lot of people must like him."

Me: "Yep, I think he'd do a good job, don't you?"

Daughter: "Yea. I bet a lot of people will vote for him because he's white."

Me: Silence.

Daughter: "What do you think will happen?"

Me: "Well, all we can hope for is that whoever gets elected does a good job."

Boy, if that doesn't just make your head explode.....
Junior High
Picture of Red Sox
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
That's one of the sad parts about this election. Some people are going to have a hard time voting for Obama because of race. Some people are going to have a hard time voting for McCain because his vice-president is female. Either way, we are advancing the status of some group in America with this election, and not just keeping two middle-aged white guys in power. I have an eight year old, and she also has commented on race in the election. Crazy time in America these days.....

Chad Mattox
World Champion
Picture of NWI
And some have a hard time voting for EITHER because they're both full of crap.

Makes you wonder -- if this is the best government out there, how crappy do other nations have it right about now???

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of Vader
I too have a provocative anecdote involving my son except it is more on the funny side than the previous one.

A few weeks ago, my seven year old son was walking around the block with his cousin and his aunt. As they were enjoying their walk through the neighborhood my son saw a McCain sign in one of the yards. He proceeded to state very matter of fact "hey look, there is John McCain's house". He continued walking right on by and never gave it another thought. I found that very funny, much like the Alfred E. Smith Memorial Foundation dinner last night where there was much roast to be had by all.
Junior Varsity
Picture of SlvrHwk
Vader--priceless!