Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Duck Hunters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Duck Hunters Login/Join

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
For those of you that have a child in the Lincoln area. Or if you are interested in this, I helped in developing a Ducks Unlimted Chapter at the University of Nebraska and they are holding their 1st banquet. It is this Thursday at the Valentinos on 35th and Holdrege. Cost is $25.00 which will include a membership and the chili feed. There is room for about 85 people. They will have raffles, probably a silent auction and the like.
This would be a great way for your UNL student that likes to hunt and fish to network with others at UNL with those same interests, guys are e-mailing each other, lining up hunts in different areas.
Things start at 7:30 and everyone is welcome, studentsw and adults.
This is a great thing for UNL kids and for the DUCKS.

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
I can understand how it is great for the kids...not so sure the ducks like the idea though. Big Grin

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
I guess it depends on your prespective, for every $250.00 raised it saves 1 acre of wetlands. So the ducks have a place to nest (along with other wildlife), but then they also could get shot at! Wink
Like I said it would be a great way for kids from around the state and beyond to network woith others that have the same type of interests.

hawk

Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
This site is way to boring this year , If you want me I will be checking out the water fowl migration at the DU site .Time to get back to duck hunting and bag another turkey .

The state of Nebraska is won on your feet .
James Berger

World Champion
Picture of NWI
I hit a sparrow the other day...is there a bag limit on those particular waterfowl???

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Not on Sparrows, but nut loving, bushy tailed, squirells make real fine table fare!

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
Who you callin' bushy tailed, pal???

And since we're on the subject of ducks...what is a duck's favorite breakfast?

The answer...Quacker Oats. Trout Slap

Thank you, folks. I'm here all week...don't forget to tip your waiter. Stay tuned for the O'Jays...

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
Had a great turn out, right around 70 guys showed up. While this waqs not a big fund raising event the DUCKS made some $$$.
It is nice knowing that when these young individuals go on to their carrers (where ever that might be) will not only have the knoweldge of what DU is but also the workings of the organization and have seen they can be leaders in preserving wetlands and the hertiage that is THE GREAT OUTDOORS!
Thanks guys the ducks appreciate it!

hawk

Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
The ducks were not very happy today , but my black Lab was Big Grin

James Berger

World Champion
Picture of NWI
"I don't care you you are, that was funnyy right there." -- Larry the Cable Guy

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
go4zpin,
Where you hunting? We are in the central platte near Lexington! I was amazed at the #of snow's we have been seeing out there. We had a fairly decent push of birds this last week. Nothing real major but enough to make it worth the trip.
Quite a few ducks, and more canda geese for this time of year than we are used to seeing.
I guess the good thing about the snows is that they usually are the first thru, so hopefully the Dakota's are still holding birds.

Oh and Yellow dogs are much better than their black haired step cousins! Trout Slap

hawk

Varsity Letterman
Picture of GO4ZPIN
We were hunting the North Platte 20 miles from the Wyoming border and a couple of sections of Sheep Creek north west of Henry a few miles from the border . We had a big push of birds in front of last weekends weather . The big numbers are still north of us we need the weather to turn in our favor to move them down . We get a few snows in usualy mixed with the Canadas . We have several refuges in the area and get good numbers of corn fattened Mallards and Canadas .

Who you calling black !

James Berger

Junior Varsity
Picture of hawk
go4zpin,
Well I think I will amaze you here. I will bet I am one of only a few folks in Nebraska that can say they know where Sheep Creek is or for that matter Henry.
I was born in Torrington, my Dad was born at Henry, and my mom was born at Sheep Creek. Dad grew up 3/4 of a mile north of state line liquor, and mom at Yoder.
Still have a fair amount of relatives in that area, Henry, Torrington, Guernsey, etc.
Check my profile and send me a private and we can talk DUCKS or wrestling if need be.

hawk

World Champion
Picture of NWI
I heard there is some ba-a-a-a-a-a-ad water in Sheep Creek.

One sip of it and you'll say, "Ew-w-w-w-e."

Bwahaha

A little gallows humor to get your Monday started...