Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    ? for Red Rocker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

? for Red Rocker Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Ever been to a show in the Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison,CO ?
The reason I ask,is I just got tickets for my 3 sons and I for the Jethro Tull 4oth Anniversary Tour in August.Row 36.What can we expect? I'm pumped! I got my boys into Rock and Roll when they were young, as we traveled to wrestling,flyfishing, trips,etc. (as in 'this is my vehicle, so we listen to my CDs',LOL)

BTW,to age me,my first concert ever attended was Jethro Tull in Pershing Auditorium in Lincoln in 1973.My ticket then was $4.50. Tickets to the 2008 tour are $85.00

This message has been edited. Last edited by: panther,

posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
That's one place I've never been to see a show. I've heard nothing but great things about it and you guys should see a superb show with Jethro Tull.

Enjoy...

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Had a friend see a show at Red Rocks a couple years ago...he's still talking about it.

To call it a great place for a concert would be the same as calling water wet.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
State Qualifier
I was doing a bit of surfing last night, and found this cool site, where you can take a virtual tour from different spots around the park.It also says the amphitheater originally was built in this location for the near perfect acoustics.I can here 'thick as a brick', and 'locamotive breath' already.

http://www.redrocksonline.com/pages/visiting/tour.html
Junior Varsity
Picture of ndb65
Panther,

I have attended a concert there. It was a bit "younger" music. NO OFFENSE. I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers, Weezer and Stone Temple Pilots. It is an amazing vunue in my book. We had a blast. Have always wanted to go there again, but it has never worked out.

I am a huge fan of late 60's and 70's rock, just so you all know Big Grin

That just happened to be the concert my buddies had tickets for in college.

Guaranteed LOUDEST guy in the gym!!!!
State Qualifier
That's cool...It's an awesome area.Last fall,I archery Elk hunted about 100 miles west of there in the Buffalo Peaks Area near Fairplay.After the concert,we plan on doing some flyfishing/camping for a few days as well.
Last fall,on the hunting trip I had an adult black bear come into our camp at night,...she opened the back door to my pickup topper, and was literally standing inside the back of my pickup shell,... we ran her off with gunfire from my buddies .357.Two nights later,when I was all alone in the same camp,I heard her again, just feet from the tent, and I again had to fire my .44 Super Blackhawk to scare her off.I spent the rest of that night in my truck.This pick shows the proximety of the tent and my red truck.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: panther,