Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Hook em' Horns
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hook em' Horns Login/Join

Rookie
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
How about them horns!!! Congrats to all the Longhorn fans who have been proudly at my side since day 1.!!

World Champion
Picture of HB
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
That was the first and only time in my life I have ever or will ever cheer for Texas. Thank you for ending the USC lovefest. Smile Now back to hating Texas...
Rookie
Last year at state wrestling we stayed at the Embassy Suites. Coach Callahan was there having breakfast. All the Kearney fans were goo-goo, ga-ga and i was just shaking my head. He passed by our table and said HI. I said HI and he began conversation with our table. I of course had to butt in and tell him that i wasn't a husker fan, he said i could be converted. I told him I have been a Texas fan since long before dirt, he told me that Texas would take it all this year. So HB.... that is the only time I have ever had faith in anything having to do with Nebraska football. So I too will go back and continue in my evil ways!!
Novice
i feel the same way hb does on this topic 1st and probably only time i will ever cheer for texas.two words Vince Young. WOW
Varsity Letterman
Picture of Twdinger
Nebraska and Texas have this thing going...Texas beats Michigan in a bowl game, Nebraska backs it up the next year with a win over Michigan in a bowl game. Texas beats the Trojans breaking their win streak...maybe next year first game of the season, Nebraska and Texas could be the first teams to hand USC a back to back loss in I don't know how many year, 4-5?

Ever hear of the coach that couldn't coach his wrestler out of a wet paper bag; I was coaching the wet paper bag.
Novice
I heard that nebraska was still trying to pick up a game before we face usc which would be nice to get a game under there belts before they go in there and take on the trojans. if nebraska has got a long road ahead next year but it will be a good test to see where there at even if it means losing to texas and usc but heck if they lose to those too (hopefully not) and then win out that should almost feel like a national champinship at least one big step towards one..there will be very few teams with as tough as a schedual as nebraska next year.
Junior Varsity
Picture of Stat Boy
MSN does not support status - click here for the profile.
Allright, I was rooting for Texas, b/c so many kids at my school like USC, and I was like Texas, when I went to school after they won, they was all like, ur jumping on the Texas bandwagon, I said no I ain't, I'm a USC Hatin Fan.

The Stat Boy