Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    College Football Trivia
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

College Football Trivia Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I was cleaning the garage this morning and found a sammich that wasn't claimed from last year so figure I should start another trivia contest. There are two states that do not have a school in their state college/university system that plays football. There is at least one state that has multiple colleges in the state system where only one or two colleges play. But the two that I am thinking of don't have any state university or college that plays at any level.

Be the first to name them and you will feast on half a scrumptious sammich at the state tournament. (Red Rocker will get the other half.)
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Alaska, are you including Wash DC? Is the other Rhode Island?

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt you very much and winning is not very excitingy-dick vermell
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Alaska is one. The other is either New Hampshire or Vermont...I know it's up in that part of the country, but can't remember which one.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
interesting side note on high school football in Alaska.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=tundra

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt you very much and winning is not very excitingy-dick vermell
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by NWI:
Alaska is one. The other is either New Hampshire or Vermont...I know it's up in that part of the country, but can't remember which one.

You are right about Alaska and also about the two New England states. However, we don't pay off on either-or answers. I'd say your best bet is to sit close to Red Rocker at the state tournament and see if he drops some crumbs that you can salvage.
State Qualifier
quote:
Originally posted by pt2b:
Alaska, are you including Wash DC? Is the other Rhode Island?

Alaska is one of them. The University of Rhode Island plays Division IAA football. I don't believe there is state (District) sponsored college in DC. Unfortunately your one correct answer still ranks below NWI who got one state right and a 50-50 right on the other state.

PS Thanks for posting that story on Alaska HS football. That's a grest story.
Junior High
The University of the District of Columbia --No football, and they would be, at best D-II

Everything else I found was private (Georgetown, Howard, etc) or extension/online programs from other major (and minor) universities.
Junior High
The University of Vermont does not have an intercollegiate football program...

Castleton University (a Vermont state sponsored college) announces it will start football as a varsity sport in 2009.

Besides that -- No college football in VT
State Qualifier
Congratulations, anarchist. You win the other half of Red Rockers sammich at the state tournament. Better bring rubber gloves. It may be a little soft by then.

I wasn't very hungry at the start of this thread and now even less with the sammich being soft and all...

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Junior High
Ya know, the cast iron stomach isn't quite what it used to be...

I'll settle for Blazin' wings at Buffalo Wild Wings... Wash 'em down with a little Pepto...

Better yet... I'll just share a box of Pop Tarts with NWI...