Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Eating Challenges
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eating Challenges Login/Join

Novice
Picture of LC Scout
AIM: Online Status For p1ottydawg
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
What a perfect place for this story to unfold...on a wrestling website. SmileMight I add, I know that this thread has amazing loads of potential...

Anyways, I have to share this: For my birthday, I am attempting to eat a 9 pound pulled pork sandwich. Apparently when my wife booked the deal, the owner of the place (who is also the head cook) said he was calling the newspapers and TV stations to get the story, since I will be the first to try this.

I'm not training in any way for this, I'm just curious to see what kinds of regimens you would take if faced with the challenge.

If you want more info about the where's/when's/etc, of what probably will be futile effort, e-mail me at my address in my profile.

Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
You're going to try to eat a 9lb sandwich!? I'm all for living on the edge but you know that might just kill a brother. This might be a case where the pride is temporary and the pain is forever. I'd suggest going the rest of your life just wondering if you can do it and maybe run a marathon if you need a personal challenge. If you do try it, keep a puke bucket close by because there is no doubt you'll need it. Good luck. I'll be looking for that story.
Rookie
Haha!!!!!! If you dont have faith in Plotty to get it done, then you dont know anything about him. Pawtek get it done man!!

"I firmly believe that any mans finest hour is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle victorious."
Rookie
Sorry LC and Degarfield. I didn't mean to imply that you can't do it. Everyone has their talents. If you believe you can do then so do I... Just like I believed that Evil Kneivel could jump the snake river. Still not sure that was a good idea to try. Good luck bro. Please keep us posted.
Novice
Picture of LC Scout
AIM: Online Status For p1ottydawg
Unfortunately I was only able to get down 6 of the 9 allotted pounds. I was on a real good pace (a pound per 10 minutes), which would had been a winner right on the 90 minute line. Then, I hit the proverbial wall the last 1/2 hour. Besides, I knew my limit and wasn't going to push my stomach to levels up and beyond.

What's funny is I don't have a sickness to the food. As a matter of fact, I had some for lunch yesterday and today. I took some to Bell West (sub for Bellevue) and the teachers were basically salivating at the smell of the pork...it is that good.

Derek, we need to get Darin in kahoots and start talking Wednesday night before State dinner again. E-mail me (I think you have it) or shoot me a call closer to State time. I know I'm booked sub wise that entire week...but a man can sleep when he's dead. And if you guys need a place to workout during State, give me a jingle.

Pain is temporary, pride is forever.