Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Our Nation Is In Trouble
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Nation Is In Trouble Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Following is an email that I sent to Senators Ben Nelson and Mike Johanns and to Representative Lee Terry. Please read it, pass it on to as many people as you can, and contact your Senators and Representative. This is not a matter of Republican vs Democrat, liberal vs conservative, or any other ism vs any other ism. This is about protecting our kids. I firmly believe that we can recover from the financial bankruptcy of American that is looming on the horizon, although it will take a long time. But I don't believe any nation has ever recovered from moral bankruptcy.

Last night, on C Span, I watched Steven King, who represents Western Iowa in the US House of Representatives give a speech in what appeared to be an empty chamber. I assume he was doing it in order to have it entered into the Congressional Record and I applaud him for the speech. He was speaking about Kevin Jennings, who has just been appointed as czar for Safe and Drug Free Schools. Normally I try to check out all reports in the media and on the internet for accuracy. In this case I didn’t feel that I had time to check everything out as I wanted to get the information as quickly as possible to as many people as possible. I did check out one statement which proved that Representative King was correct in his reporting. I assume that if Mr. King is incorrect in any of his statements that Kevin Jennings and his staff will let the world know.

The first thing that shocked me was that these czars that are being appointed rival cabinet members in power, yet they are not subject to Senate confirmation or hearings.

Following is a list of statements made by Mr. King. I assume it will be in the Congressional Record of October 20, 2009. The list is sickening.

Mr. King explained how teachers, nurses, and other personnel who had contact with children were ‘reporters’ and were obligated by federal law to report any suspicions of child abuse to the proper authorities. When Kevin Jennings was a teacher in Massachusetts a 15 year old boy told Jennings that he had had sex with an adult male in the restroom of a bus depot. Jennings chose to ignore the law and told the boy, “I hope that you used a condom”. Later on, Jennings described this incident in a book that he wrote.

Mr. King reported that Jennings was the founder of Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN). This is the statement that I did check out. I went to the GLSEN website and it confirms that Kevin Jennings was the founder of the organization. The website implies that the mission of the organization is to prevent bullying in schools. It appears to me to be much more of an organization designed to recruit children to a homosexual lifestyle.

Mr. King reported that Jennings had stated that he opposed literature like Romeo and Juliet in our schools because it was “aggressively recruiting” students toward a heterosexual lifestyle.

Mr. King reported that Jennings was an ally of the late Harry Hay, who was a crusader for North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA). The NAMBLA website describes the values of sex acts between men and boys.

I do not remember all of Mr. King’s points but the ones I have listed convince me this person should not be allowed in a school, let alone be in a position of authority over all of the nation’s schools.

I beg you to investigate this man and if any or all of the allegations are true then do whatever is necessary to remove him from the position of czar of Safe and Drug Free Schools. My grandson started to kindergarten this year and I do not him to be subjected to the type of decadent influence.

Thank you for your consideration.

Frank Ryan

posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
This and many other of the "czars" appointed without approval, or oversight and they answer to nobody but the President. If he actually admits he knows what they are doing (see todays news about the "Pay Czar" going public about the pay cuts and evidently the President knew nothing about it.)

Nelson, Johanns and Smith all know where I stand regarding this.

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
World Champion
Picture of NWI
Our alleged leaders have passed health care legislation.

Great...the same group of cluster(bleep)s who wasted our tax dollars on auto and bank bailouts NOW wants to run our health care?

I'd like to say this makes me sick...but I'm afraid of how much paperwork that will involve.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Rookie
Barrak Obama has 35 czars
George W. Bush had 47
Rookie
Correction:
Obama has 32 czars
Bush had 35
sorry.
http://www.factcheck.org/UploadedFiles/Czars.pdf