Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Jim Rose leaving as voice of the Huskers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jim Rose leaving as voice of the Huskers Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Jim made the announcement this morning on KFAB.

I heard the first part of his announcement this morning, and I could totally empathize with the reasons for his announcement. I went through a similar situation a little over a year ago which led to me stepping out of the newspaper business and closing NWI, and I know it's a decision that did not come easy.

Like him or not, Jim threw 110 percent of himself into what he did and I know that after a while that can take a toll, not only physically but on the home front as well. My passion for sports and journalism played a key role in my own divorce and I know it made things tough on my daughter at times as well.

I've talked with Jim on a number of occasions and I know the kind of guy he is. He loves what he does and he loves his family, and at some point when you have that battle one has to win out over the other. He definitely made the right choice and I wish him nothing but the best.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray
Junior High
Picture of green goblin
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Whatever his reasons; I think it is for the best. I think his love for Nebraska football is unquestionable. But his ability as a game-day announcer is questionable. Just my opinion.

I thought Gary Sharpe was good in replacement. I also think Kevin Kugler could be very good.

They all get in line behind Lyle Bremser...

Click here for a sample...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Red Rocker,

-----------------
Photobucket

"A PEOPLE THAT VALUES ITS PRIVILEGES OVER ITS PRINCIPLES, SOON LOSES BOTH"

EISENHOWER
Novice
In my opinion, Lyle would get behind Dick Perry.

Hus
World Champion
Picture of TK
Seriously, who could do this better than Doug Duda! He fits Rose's description of the right guy perfectly!