Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    Blackshirts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blackshirts Login/Join

State Qualifier
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
Hopefully we will soon return to this "Reign of Terror".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT7E8j5ZV9Q&feature=related
Rookie
posted   Hide PostReply With QuoteReport This Post  
Eek

sigh...I feel like a kid again watching those clips...
Rookie
Frank,

That was an awesome clip. What great memories we all have from the Glory Days.
Junior High
Boys and girls... Whether you want to believe it or not... The first two seasons will be ones of rebuilding... I would expect at best a 7-5 maybe 8-4 season first year and a bid to the Ty-D-Bowl or something like that.

Neither Tom nor Bo can do much about it except get rid of the dead weight bring in the recruits to fit their scheme... Whatever Tom wants, Bo will do.

As far as the "dreaded" black shirts... Strip them of their privilege (it's not a right), and make them earn the title back.
World Champion
Picture of NWI
That's the thing that we need to come to terms with -- and many Husker fans simply won't because they're too ignorant to understand today's world of college football -- but the days of Nebraska dominating as they did during the latter stages of the Osborne era (or any other program, for that matter) are long gone.

I know there are some who think Osborne is going to bring it back to the glory days where we're winning titles or in the hunt for them every year and dominating the Big 12, but that just isn't realistic in this day and age to expect out of any program.

I think any appearance in a bowl game next year would be a good start. Anything beyond 8-4 in 2008 would be icing on the cake. Remember that we have Virginia Tech on the schedule, as well as KU, Mizzou, Texas Tech and Oklahoma -- all of whom are bowling in the weeks ahead. We've got a very challenging schedule and it wouldn't surprise me if we don't do better than 7-5 next year.

I will guarantee you this, though -- the days of a lackluster, passionless defense are through. We won't win every game next year, but the teams that do beat us will know they are running into a much tougher defense than the papoose full of patsies we threw out there this year. Bo Pelini will not accept the kind of play that we exhibited far too often during the last four years.

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray