Huskermat Site    Main Forum Page    Huskermat BBS  Hop To Forum Categories  The Back 9    On a personal note . . .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On a personal note . . . Login/Join

World Champion
Picture of NWI
posted   Reply With QuoteReport This Post  
I became an uncle earlier this week and got my first niece to go with my daughter and eight nephews.

Carly May Canham was born Monday to my sister, Jenni, and her husband, Bill (SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT: owner of Canham Maytag on Riverside Blvd. in Norfolk -- tell him Mikey C sent ya'). She's a pretty little thing, weighing in just under 8 pounds and just over 19 inches. She's already got daddy wrapped around her finger, and the other male members in the family aren't far behind.

Uncle Mike now has to come up with a nickname for her, as I have nicknames for my sister's two boys. The oldest one is "Meat" (taken from Kevin Costner riding Tim Robbins with that moniker in "Bull Durham") and the youngest is "Tater" (which, at the time, was simple word association -- Meat and Potatoes -- but has evolved to include the Ron White "They Call Me Tater Salad" classic comedy bit, complete with my youngest nephew replying on cue, when asked what they call him, "They call me Tater Salad").

Right now, it's a toss-up between a vegetable like "Sweet Pea," a fruit like "Mango" or some type of bread like "Banana Nut Muffin" -- I'm trying to keep it within the four food groups.

(NOTE: After posting, I realized there may be some question of my math skills . . . I do have three step-sisters who each have two sons, so with my sister's two boys that makes eight nephews. We now return you to your regularly-scheduled confusion . . .)

"Energy Flows Where Attention Goes" -- James Arthur Ray